Looking for LS7 WL reviews

Old August 28th 18, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

Default Looking for LS7 WL reviews

Hello everybody!

I just created a page dedicated to the Rolladen-Schneider LS7 WL on gliderreview.com along with its 2016 OLC stats.

If you ever flew or even owned an LS7 (WL or not), I'd be glad to get your star rating about these ships.

http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...hneider-ls7-wl
http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...-schneider-ls7

If you feel like daring, I'd love to publish your own written review of the glider.

Thanks everybody and enjoy the skies.

--
Jacopo
Old August 31st 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 07:41:50 UTC-5, Jacopo Romei wrote:
Hello everybody!

I just created a page dedicated to the Rolladen-Schneider LS7 WL on gliderreview.com along with its 2016 OLC stats.

If you ever flew or even owned an LS7 (WL or not), I'd be glad to get your star rating about these ships.

http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...hneider-ls7-wl
http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...-schneider-ls7

If you feel like daring, I'd love to publish your own written review of the glider.

Thanks everybody and enjoy the skies.

--
Jacopo

I flew one once many years ago and have subsequently had a lot of time in the LS8 and LS6. The LS7 handles and flies beautifully but it has a high wing loading and isn't the best for weak conditions. It also needs just a little more control input when circling than the LS6 7 8. However, if you're looking for a good-value std class ship and have the luck to fly where conditions are strong then it will be a good candidate.
Old August 31st 18, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, 30 August 2018 18:20:18 UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 07:41:50 UTC-5, Jacopo Romei wrote:
Hello everybody!

I just created a page dedicated to the Rolladen-Schneider LS7 WL on gliderreview.com along with its 2016 OLC stats.

If you ever flew or even owned an LS7 (WL or not), I'd be glad to get your star rating about these ships.

http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...hneider-ls7-wl
http://www.gliderreview.com/glider/r...-schneider-ls7

If you feel like daring, I'd love to publish your own written review of the glider.

Thanks everybody and enjoy the skies.

--
Jacopo

I flew one once many years ago and have subsequently had a lot of time in the LS8 and LS6. The LS7 handles and flies beautifully but it has a high wing loading and isn't the best for weak conditions. It also needs just a little more control input when circling than the LS6 or LS8 8. However, if you're looking for a good-value std class ship and have the luck to fly where conditions are strong then it will be a good candidate.

Old August 31st 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sorry - penultimate sentence should read "... needs just a little more control input when circling than the LS6/8".
Old August 31st 18, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I flew my 1000k in an LS-7 (out of Minden), thought it was a great ship. Tried to buy it back a few years ago.
JJ
Old August 31st 18, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Jacopo,

There are 2 reviews published for the LS7-WL: https://www.segelflug.de/tests/LS7-WL/LS7-WL.html (in English), https://www.segelflug.de/tests/LS7-W...berichtLS7.pdf (in German).

Regarding the performance: both version were measured by Idaflieg. The LS7-WL had an LD of ~1:40, the LS7 had 1:43 with a significantly less sink rate at speeds above 160kph. The WL was marginally better between 130 and 160kph. The measurement was done with two different gliders with a slightly different turbulator configuration, though.

It's a fun and nimble glider to fly with good glide performance (with tight seals and turbulators mounted per the maintenance manual). But it takes experience and attention for good climb performance.

Cheers,
Christoph

GlidePlan reviews [email protected] Soaring 10 August 22nd 17 06:41 PM
LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
FBO Reviews [email protected] Piloting 2 December 19th 05 04:50 PM
406 Beacon Reviews Helen Woods Piloting 4 December 15th 04 12:18 AM
Aircraft reviews Javier Henderson Piloting 2 June 14th 04 08:46 PM