identify this movie and glider

Old March 15th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Johan Larson

Default identify this movie and glider

I have posted a trivia challenge on my club's blog. I gave the members
first crack at solving it, but no one has succeeded yet. Hence the
wider invitation...

http://ncsa-buzzard.blogspot.com/2007/03/challenge.html

Johan Larson

Old March 15th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alistair Wright

"Johan Larson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have posted a trivia challenge on my club's blog. I gave the members
first crack at solving it, but no one has succeeded yet. Hence the
wider invitation...

http://ncsa-buzzard.blogspot.com/2007/03/challenge.html

Johan Larson

Goevier?

Alistair Wright
Melrose UK

Old March 16th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Johan Larson

On Mar 15, 4:21 pm, "Yippee No Snow"
wrote:
Glider is a CAUDRON 800 EPERVIER

Bob

Yes, I think you are right. Nice catch.

The movie remains to be identified.

Johan Larson

Old March 16th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

wrote:

Glider is a CAUDRON 800 EPERVIER

Bob

Yes, I think you are right. Nice catch.

The movie remains to be identified.

Johan Larson

The original 'Thomas Crown Affair' ?

Old March 16th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

Glider is a CAUDRON 800 EPERVIER
Bob

Yes, I think you are right. Nice catch.

The movie remains to be identified.

The original 'Thomas Crown Affair' ?

No. That movie segment used a Schweizer 1-23 and was filmed at the North
East Gliderport in Salem NH USA. It's a golf course now - sigh.

Tony V.
Old March 16th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

On Mar 16, 8:39 am, Tony Verhulst wrote:
Glider is a CAUDRON 800 EPERVIER
Bob
Yes, I think you are right. Nice catch.

The movie remains to be identified.

The original 'Thomas Crown Affair' ?

No. That movie segment used a Schweizer 1-23 and was filmed at the North
East Gliderport in Salem NH USA. It's a golf course now - sigh.

Tony V.

And that original 1-23 is still privately owned, alive and well at the
Piedmont Soaring Society in North Carolina.

Bob

Old March 16th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

The original 'Thomas Crown Affair' ?

No. That movie segment used a Schweizer 1-23 and was filmed at the North
East Gliderport in Salem NH USA. It's a golf course now - sigh.

Tony V.

And that original 1-23 is still privately owned, alive and well at the
Piedmont Soaring Society in North Carolina.

Bob

Did you know that they repainted that glider for the movie and then,
afterwards, restored it to its original color? I flew commercial rides
out of that gliderport for a few years - up until they closed.

Tony V.