Rogue's Gallery -- A favor, please...

Old December 21st 03, 04:04 AM
EDR

In article nospam-4E92DB.17214820122003@shawnews, tony roberts
wrote:

Video - they all work except two - Oh My God and Low Pass.
I am running a Mac - is that why?

Tony, I am running a Beige G3/333 OS8.6 iCab 2.9.5
All videos opened an ran. Low Pass! and Oh My God! open in Windows
Media Player 7, all others open in Quicktime 6.
Sound files played in Quicktime, except Radial Startup, which displayed
a broken link icon.
Old December 21st 03, 04:27 AM
tony roberts

Tony, I am running a Beige G3/333 OS8.6 iCab 2.9.5
All videos opened an ran. Low Pass! and Oh My God! open in Windows
Media Player 7, all others open in Quicktime 6.

Thanks very much!

I'm going to download it right now.

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old December 21st 03, 05:32 AM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Mostly I want to hear from folks who routinely keep their screen

resolution
at 800 x 600 (any Mr. Magoo's in an aviation forum?), to let me know if

the
Rogue's Gallery is "scaling" properly for that resolution.

800x600 here. No side-scrolling on the Rogue's Gallery page anymore.

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

Old December 21st 03, 06:45 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Some of the pictures in the historic pictures pages, stay at thumbnail

sizes
when clicked on.

I haven't "fixed" the whole site -- just the Rogue's Gallery. (Figured

I'd
experiment on the "expendable" part of the site, first! :-) I'll check
that out, though.

Mostly I want to hear from folks who routinely keep their screen

resolution
at 800 x 600 (any Mr. Magoo's in an aviation forum?), to let me know if

the
Rogue's Gallery is "scaling" properly for that resolution.

Jay Honeck

I have my shop machine set to that resolution, but only because the monitot
is so old, that it is not even VGA, so it won't go any higher than 800 x
600! Sad, huh?

Rogue's look good. I would place next emphasis on getting the Inn's main
page set to work at the low setting. It is about impossible, at t he
moment.

Come on, get with it. Less flying, more web mastering!~

Yea, right!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 22nd 03, 01:06 AM
WAKE UP!!!

"Montblack" wrote in message m...
("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Mostly I want to hear from folks who routinely keep their screen

resolution
at 800 x 600 (any Mr. Magoo's in an aviation forum?), to let me know if

the
Rogue's Gallery is "scaling" properly for that resolution.

800x600 here. No side-scrolling on the Rogue's Gallery page anymore.

I reset mine to 800x600, using Mozilla Firebird as a browser. It looks fine.

Mont, did it work out?
Old December 22nd 03, 03:17 AM
Montblack

("WAKE UP!!!" wrote)
I reset mine to 800x600, using Mozilla Firebird as a browser. It looks

fine.

Mont, did it work out?

Too early to tell....

THANKS AGAIN WAKE UP!!! Wish me luck!

.....with my screen thingy setting thingy :-)

--
Montblack

Old December 28th 03, 04:35 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
No more side-scrolling, I hope!

I guess it depends on what your goals are.

You haven't eliminated side-scrolling. You've just made it less likely. As
long as you require a certain number of photos per row of photos, there will
be a browser window size that results in side-scrolling.

Of course, at a ridiculously narrow window size, smaller than the width of
the navigation frame plus one picture, it will be impossible to get rid of
side-scrolling. But it ought to at least be possible to guarantee no
side-scrolling down to that size.

But if you only care about "common" sizes (for example, a minimum of 800
pixels wide), I suppose the table solution you're using is sufficient.

Pete