Temporarity blindness Concorde

Old September 4th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nick Naim

Default Temporarity blindness Concorde

On nose up comand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMl...eature=related
Maybe this dosnt mean much
Just my observation when the nose comes up on the Concorde shortly after
take off
The bloom factor comes to mind when my instructor said that anything that
(blooms) up ahead you will hit it.
Just a thought.
It seams there line of sight is blocked off by visor up for a second or two
Again just a thought...........

Old September 4th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Sep 4, 12:33*am, "Nick Naim" wrote:
* * On nose up comand?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMl...eature=related
Maybe this *dosnt mean much
Just my observation when the nose comes up on the Concorde shortly after
take off
The bloom factor comes to mind when my instructor said that anything that
(blooms) up ahead you will hit it.
Just a thought.
It seams there line of sight is blocked off *by visor up for a second or two
Again just a thought...........

they fly in controlled airspace
Old September 4th 09, 10:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron

On Sep 4, 4:50*am, a wrote:
On Sep 4, 12:33*am, "Nick Naim" wrote:

they fly in controlled airspace

He points out he is looking for traffic before he does it
(though at Heathrow I believe they are in class A from
the ground). It's less than a second for the whole
transition, hardly any time you can't see out.
Old September 4th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 00:33:07 -0400, "Nick Naim"
wrote:

On nose up comand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMl...eature=related
Maybe this dosnt mean much
Just my observation when the nose comes up on the Concorde shortly after
take off
The bloom factor comes to mind when my instructor said that anything that
(blooms) up ahead you will hit it.
Just a thought.
It seams there line of sight is blocked off by visor up for a second or two
Again just a thought...........

it's a hell of a worry isnt it. next time you hop on a concord ask the
chief hostie if you can ask the pilot how he manages to overcome the
problem. I'm sure they will get him to give you an answer.

remember, next time you fly anywhere on a concord ask the question.

Stealth Pilot
Old September 4th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BonsaiNigger

wrote:

On nose up comand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMl...eature=related
Maybe this dosnt mean much
Just my observation when the nose comes up on the Concorde shortly after
take off
The bloom factor comes to mind when my instructor said that anything that
(blooms) up ahead you will hit it.
Just a thought.
It seams there line of sight is blocked off by visor up for a second or two
Again just a thought...........

it's a hell of a worry isnt it. next time you hop on a concord ask the
chief hostie if you can ask the pilot how he manages to overcome the
problem. I'm sure they will get him to give you an answer.

remember, next time you fly anywhere on a concord ask the question.

Stealth Pilot

They don't fly anymore, you st00pid jerk.
--
http://tr.im/1f9m
Old September 4th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 5, 3:47*am, Stealth Pilot wrote:

remember, next time you fly anywhere on a concord ask the question.

Stealth Pilot

:-)
I do so like these right up to the second last century posters
Old September 4th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Nick Naim" wrote in message
On nose up comand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMl...eature=related
Maybe this dosnt mean much
Just my observation when the nose comes up on the Concorde shortly after
take off
The bloom factor comes to mind when my instructor said that anything that
(blooms) up ahead you will hit it.
Just a thought.
It seams there line of sight is blocked off by visor up for a second or
two
Again just a thought...........

With a little luck the Concordes will be grounded until they can address
this issue.

Old September 4th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
With a little luck the Concordes will be grounded until they can
address this issue.

Did Isambard Kingdom Brunel really invent the Concorde?
Old September 5th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 5, 10:23*am, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
With a little luck the Concordes will be grounded until they can
address this issue.

Did Isambard Kingdom Brunel really invent the Concorde?

Yup. He stuck wings on so they could avoid the icebergs :-)
Old September 6th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

George wrote:
On Sep 5, 10:23*am, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
With a little luck the Concordes will be grounded until they can
address this issue.

Did Isambard Kingdom Brunel really invent the Concorde?

Yup. He stuck wings on so they could avoid the icebergs :-)

:-)

Ah, so after 30 years I finally get an answer to that question posed in Bob
Godfrey's animated musical documentary "Great":

(Asked at about 5:39 into the video shown here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4FQZoq3NP8

:-)

(Haven't seen that wonderful animation in probably 30 years; just went
looking for it and found someone posted it in three parts to Youtube. Sorry
- none of this is aviation related except for the Concorde segue.)

MAE : concorde jmp Aviation Photos 0 February 26th 08 10:17 PM
MAE : concorde jmp Aviation Photos 0 February 26th 08 10:16 PM
MAE : concorde jmp Aviation Photos 0 February 26th 08 10:15 PM
MAE : concorde jmp Aviation Photos 0 February 26th 08 10:15 PM
Concorde.... Derek Copeland Soaring 1 June 11th 06 04:48 PM