Vertex 220 Headset Adapter to Helicopter Plug

Old January 24th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
malabo

Default Vertex 220 Headset Adapter to Helicopter Plug

Got a Vertex 220 and had to modify the headset adapter to a single
helicopter plug. Attached is a drawing that you can probably use for
any conversion of a airplane headset to helicopter. Colors used by
Vertex in the wiring indicated.

Surely after 100 years of aviation you fixed-wing guys can change over
to a single plug! Hello? Anybody still listen to that headliner
speaker?

atluck

Old January 24th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

malabo wrote:

Surely after 100 years of aviation you fixed-wing guys can change over
to a single plug! Hello? Anybody still listen to that headliner
speaker?

atluck

First, I agree it fixed-wing ought to make the jump but it won't.

Second, I apprciate the drawing.

But third, you do realize that the [IMG] tags really don't work on USENET?
In fact, they make the link un clickable on some news-readers.

Old January 25th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Thirdly, I'm new to this didn't know the best way to post a wiring
diagram so put it on www.photobucket.com
They give the option of pasting the IMG code (which I tried), or a URL
Link, or HTML Tag. Which one is best for this forum?

Glad you liked the diagram - I spent a bunch of time looking
fruitlessly for one and when I finally figured it out I thought maybe
everyone else shouldn't go through the same grief. BTW, one thing that
caught me by surprise on the Vertex is that the headset adapter has to
be Pressed Into The Radio And Then Screwed In before it works. Must
have missed that screwed in part in the directions.

Old January 26th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Just enter the url like this www.photopucket.com/whatever.

Old January 26th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...terHeadset.jpg