Flordia Air Park ( Tailwinds)

Old November 2nd 03, 07:52 PM
Kevin

Default Flordia Air Park ( Tailwinds)

Has anyone had any experience with Tailwinds Airpark , of Leeward Air
Ranch in FL ?

Any advise for buying, or living in an air park ?

Thanks

Old November 5th 03, 05:57 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article sgdpb.68101$ao4.178602@attbi_s51, Kevin
wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with Tailwinds Airpark , of Leeward Air
Ranch in FL ?

Any advise for buying, or living in an air park ?

Thanks

According to my "Illustrated Guide to Residential Airparks (SE)",
Tailwinds has a total of 51 lots, well/septic and in-ground electricity.
It also has 2700 ft paved/lighted runway.

Leeward has nice sod, but it is far away from everything, in the center
of the state, which means it will be 5-10 deg F hotter in the summer and
5-10 deg cooler in the winter. It also has well/septic.

When my wife and I looked for residential airparks 5 years ago, we set
up a number of criteria to keep us both happy.

Among those criteria:

1. Runway must be common property -- no single owner to have a
stranglehold on the place.

2. Water/sewer system, to preclude contamination, dry wells, septic mess.

3. Runway must have lights, for night ops.

4. Airpark community must be big enough to defend itself against the
Philistines who might decide to become neighbors.

5. Close to beaches, shopping, community college, cultural events. You
DON'T want to have to drive a half-hour to get a loaf of bread or a can
of paint!

When we first saw Spruce Creek, it was where we wanted to live! Nothing
else compares.

See:

fly-in.com
http://www.primateprojections.com/SpruceCreekFlyIn/

[...]

[...]