Winter Mech Vario Bezel

Old March 29th 05, 05:01 AM
Mike Hostage

Default Winter Mech Vario Bezel

I want to mount a Winter mechanical vario in my glider.
It has a bezel ring around the face that is wider
than the standard 3 1/8' diameter of the face. Anyone
have a clue as to how to remove the bezel, so the instrument
can be mounted to the panel? I don't see any obvious
keys/slots/or breaks in the ring?

Mike

Old March 29th 05, 05:20 AM
Jim Phoenix

If it's the Macready ring you're talking about - you just pop it off. It
snaps into place and snaps off as well.

Jim

Old March 29th 05, 05:42 AM
bumper

I believe the bezel is held in place by 3 spring loaded balls that fit
within a groove on the inside lip of the instrument. You can't see them with
the bezel in place. To remove the bezel, simply pull it forward away from
the instrument.

bumper
"Mike Hostage" wrote in message
I want to mount a Winter mechanical vario in my glider.
It has a bezel ring around the face that is wider
than the standard 3 1/8' diameter of the face. Anyone
have a clue as to how to remove the bezel, so the instrument
can be mounted to the panel? I don't see any obvious
keys/slots/or breaks in the ring?

Mike

[For Sale] Winter Vario Ludovic Launer Soaring 0 March 21st 05 08:40 AM
Winter Flying [email protected] Piloting 36 January 3rd 05 03:19 AM
WTB: McCreedy speed ring Slick Soaring 7 July 16th 04 03:11 AM
WTB: (USA) Mech Vario 57mm(2-1/4) Knots Curtl33 Soaring 7 January 24th 04 03:31 AM
Vario time constants Bill Daniels Soaring 3 January 20th 04 03:18 PM