Hemet-Ryan - Write a letter NOW! Save The Soaring Future

Old October 25th 11, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

Default Hemet-Ryan - Write a letter NOW! Save The Soaring Future

We are VERY close to restarting operations at Hemet Ryan in CA but the
County bureaucrats are still trying to write soaring out of existence
in the future. They just don't get it.

Plagiarize as much or as little as you wish of my following
letter...focus more on the Master Plan rather than the EIR. Be as
"indignantly respectful" as you wish. Send me a copy as I will need
cc the FAA and the media later with them.

DO IT NOW!!!!

Thanks!

LT

For more info see:
http://groups.google.com/group/save-...at-hemet-today
.................................................. ..........................*............

Orange County Soaring Association • P.O. Box 5475 • Buena Park,
CA • 90622

October 24, 2011

Supervisor Jeff Stone
37600 Sky Canyon Dr. Suite #505
Murrieta, CA 92563

Soaring at Hemet Ryan- HMT Master Plan and Environmental Impact
Report

Dear Supervisor Stone,
The aviation community recently was able to review with great
dismay the Final Draft of the September 2011 Hemet Ryan Airport
Master
Plan.
At no time in these documents does the EDA lay out a plan for
the
continued existence of gliders at Hemet Ryan. This non-
responsiveness
is surprising given the amount of effort the FAA, the State of
California’s DOT, and the local soaring community has offered to the
EDA. Indeed much of the new document mindlessly repeats the same
false assumptions, misleading facts which the EDA has used
disingenuously over the past two years to stall a resolution for all.
Absolutely no sign of EDA creativity, let alone any acknowledgement
of
presented options, has been applied to the soaring issue by the EDA’s
airport planner, Chad Davis, or the consultants at LSA Associates.
This observation, On Oct 20th, has been supported by the FAA (see
attached email), ie, “airport stakeholders should be solicited for
comments during the Master Planning process”.
The Supervisors of the County of Riverside are left with a defective
document which should be rejected or sent back to the EDA for further
work.
Supervisor attention should also be focused on the Initial Study
dated also Sept 30, 2011 which calls out areas for an Environmental
Impact Report. A careful reading of this report is in order. The
chance for this project to easily pass environmentally with “No
Impact”, in the EDA’s own estimation, is very questionable. 26
“Potentially Significant Impact” boxes have been checked on this
document creating what will be described for years into the future as
an “outside consultant’s retirement plan” with no certainty of
passing
without then incurring uncalculated remediation costs.
If the Master Plan is not defective in serving the community, then
the
Initial Study EIR, on face value, should create tremendous doubt
regarding the probability of the eventual completion of the projects
as contained in the Draft Master Plan.
We respectfully request to meet in your offices prior to the
Supervisors voting on this matter. There are easy solutions to this
problem. In that regards I will call your office to schedule a
meeting.
We look forward to meeting you again.

Sincerely,

Larry T
OCSA President

Old October 27th 11, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Is there a way to do this by email? Or do we need to send something
physically in the mail? In the latter case, how do we copy you?

Lynn
Old October 29th 11, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

On Oct 26, 10:17*pm, 2KA wrote:
Is there a way to do this by email? *Or do we need to send something
physically in the mail? *In the latter case, how do we copy you?

Lynn

Hard copy letters are always better but Supervisor Stone can be
emailed at:

PO address is:

37600 Sky Canyon Drive, #505 Murrieta, CA 92563

You can copy me at: larswanataolcom

Thanks!