PW5 push-to-talk switch?

Old October 29th 11, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roger Worden[_2_]

Default PW5 push-to-talk switch?

Our club's PZL Swidnik PW5's push-to-talk switch is starting to fail.
We looked at it briefly and it was not immediately obvious how it
could be removed from the control stick and replaced. The maintenance
manual was no help. Has anyone worked on one of these?
Old October 29th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

usually PTT switched are simply pushed down into the control stick grip and
not attached or installed with a nut or anything from below since it's
almost impossible to get a wrench in there and you can't use a socket there
either since it will already have the cables installed on the switch.this is
not a problem since you are always pushing down on the switch, never lifting
it......
a PTT switch is also a simple Normally open switch, 2 leads in and when you
push the switch you merely make a completing of the two leads and the PTT
circuit is then grounded telling the radio to transmit (keying the switch
is like connecting the two wires to make one)
I have these normally open switches that can be bought for just a couple $
at any electronics supply, but cheap switches are.well cheap, plastic and
prone to failure.I also have expensive all metal switches with a very
positive "click feature you can feel.
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page%202.htm ...I personally will only use
these in my own aircraft..they are expensive, but always work and last ....
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

signature database 6584 (20111028) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6585 (20111029) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old October 29th 11, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Roger,

Some gliders have a stick grip with a slot to allow a nut to be attached to
the back-side of the PTT switch.

I highly recommend the metal switches I sell he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/misc.htm#Switch-PTT-EAO - without wires
or he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/dittel.htm#F10050 - with wires

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
Our club's PZL Swidnik PW5's push-to-talk switch is starting to fail.
We looked at it briefly and it was not immediately obvious how it
could be removed from the control stick and replaced. The maintenance
manual was no help. Has anyone worked on one of these?

PUSH START stanley adelson Aviation Photos 0 July 15th 08 01:16 AM
Push to Talk Switch Jackal24 Piloting 23 December 26th 04 10:01 PM
Good panel mount COM radio and intercom w/push-to-talk? John Huebbe Home Built 10 November 27th 04 07:58 PM
Portable Push-To-Talk switch help Eric Brown Owning 9 April 16th 04 04:26 AM
Young Eagles push (USA) John H. Campbell Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 03:48 PM