A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FlarmNet targets on Oudie 2

Old June 11th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama
external usenet poster

Default FlarmNet targets on Oudie 2

Hello,

I recently installed a PowerFLARM in my ship. I have the Flarm box connected to an SN10B and my Oudie 2 reviving Data from the SN10B. I have not had any issues with the Flarm and ADS-B targets being displayed (with their Hexadecimal code) on either the SN10B or the Oudie, but have not yet been able to get Flarm targets (who I know have previously registered on FlarmNet) to display with their contest IDs. Just like on my previous Oudie, I downloaded the newest FlarmNet database .fln files to the device's (not sd card) Radar folder. I have tried using both of the .fln files on the flarmnet website under the LXNAV and Naviter section. I have also tried deleting the old Radar folder and creating a new one with the .fln files to no success. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and found a solution?

Any help is appreciated,
Zach
Old June 11th 19, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Might this be related to my loss of Flarm targets (see other thread)?

Maybe I'll just remove the most recent Flarmnet file and see if my Flarm
targets are restored.Â* I don't really need to know the contest IDs, anyway.

On 6/11/2019 9:12 AM, zach yama wrote:
Hello,

I recently installed a PowerFLARM in my ship. I have the Flarm box connected to an SN10B and my Oudie 2 reviving Data from the SN10B. I have not had any issues with the Flarm and ADS-B targets being displayed (with their Hexadecimal code) on either the SN10B or the Oudie, but have not yet been able to get Flarm targets (who I know have previously registered on FlarmNet) to display with their contest IDs. Just like on my previous Oudie, I downloaded the newest FlarmNet database .fln files to the device's (not sd card) Radar folder. I have tried using both of the .fln files on the flarmnet website under the LXNAV and Naviter section. I have also tried deleting the old Radar folder and creating a new one with the .fln files to no success. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and found a solution?

Any help is appreciated,
Zach

--
Dan, 5J
Old June 11th 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor
external usenet poster

This are issues with the Oudie currently on displaying Flarm target ID's and the ability to add gliders to your buddies list. The developers have said they are working on it and it should be fixed in the next software update. Watch for v.14, hopefully that will fix the problem.
Old June 11th 19, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Yes, I have had the same problem. Naviter is supposed to be working to solve this. Promised fix with version 9.14. I alerted them to this 2 May and the response said it would be fixed in a few days. Just checked the Naviter website and still no version 9.14.

DVM
ASG29E BV
Old June 11th 19, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama
external usenet poster

Good to see this is a known issue. I had also contacted Naviter a few weeks ago but have yet to hear back.
Old June 12th 19, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama
external usenet poster

Update to 9.14 AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I just attempted to update the software to 9.14 from the link on their website here https://www.naviter.com/download-manual-support/ The update from this file seemed to work fine, but now when I start SeeYou, I am stuck at 'Loading Terrain' where the boot screen remains indefinitely. I am now going through and reinstalling my .cit and .cub files but have not yet had any success fixing the problem.

What should be the same file found here https://www.naviter.com/install-the-...are-for-oudie/ will not properly update. I am informed that the "file is corrupted" on the Oudie when I attempt to update.

I am curious if anyone has had success updating to 9.14. Does anyone know where I can get a 9.13 UpdateOudie.exe file to restore the previous version? my UpdateOudie.OLD is now the corrupted file so I can not use that one.

Until then, my Oudie is unusable and Naviter has not been responding to my support tickets.