FlarmNet targets on Oudie 2

Old June 11th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama

Default FlarmNet targets on Oudie 2

Hello,

I recently installed a PowerFLARM in my ship. I have the Flarm box connected to an SN10B and my Oudie 2 reviving Data from the SN10B. I have not had any issues with the Flarm and ADS-B targets being displayed (with their Hexadecimal code) on either the SN10B or the Oudie, but have not yet been able to get Flarm targets (who I know have previously registered on FlarmNet) to display with their contest IDs. Just like on my previous Oudie, I downloaded the newest FlarmNet database .fln files to the device's (not sd card) Radar folder. I have tried using both of the .fln files on the flarmnet website under the LXNAV and Naviter section. I have also tried deleting the old Radar folder and creating a new one with the .fln files to no success. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and found a solution?

Any help is appreciated,
Zach
Old June 11th 19, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Might this be related to my loss of Flarm targets (see other thread)?

Maybe I'll just remove the most recent Flarmnet file and see if my Flarm
targets are restored.Â* I don't really need to know the contest IDs, anyway.

--
Dan, 5J
Old June 11th 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

This are issues with the Oudie currently on displaying Flarm target ID's and the ability to add gliders to your buddies list. The developers have said they are working on it and it should be fixed in the next software update. Watch for v.14, hopefully that will fix the problem.
Old June 11th 19, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, I have had the same problem. Naviter is supposed to be working to solve this. Promised fix with version 9.14. I alerted them to this 2 May and the response said it would be fixed in a few days. Just checked the Naviter website and still no version 9.14.

DVM
ASG29E BV
Old June 11th 19, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama

Good to see this is a known issue. I had also contacted Naviter a few weeks ago but have yet to hear back.
Old June 12th 19, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zach yama

Update to 9.14 AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I just attempted to update the software to 9.14 from the link on their website here https://www.naviter.com/download-manual-support/ The update from this file seemed to work fine, but now when I start SeeYou, I am stuck at 'Loading Terrain' where the boot screen remains indefinitely. I am now going through and reinstalling my .cit and .cub files but have not yet had any success fixing the problem.

What should be the same file found here https://www.naviter.com/install-the-...are-for-oudie/ will not properly update. I am informed that the "file is corrupted" on the Oudie when I attempt to update.

I am curious if anyone has had success updating to 9.14. Does anyone know where I can get a 9.13 UpdateOudie.exe file to restore the previous version? my UpdateOudie.OLD is now the corrupted file so I can not use that one.

Until then, my Oudie is unusable and Naviter has not been responding to my support tickets.

Flarmnet Karl Kunz[_2_] Soaring 40 March 7th 20 02:42 PM
Oudie Flarmnet file [email protected] Soaring 2 April 15th 19 08:57 PM
FlarmNet Dan Marotta Soaring 6 April 18th 17 02:51 AM
FlarmNet Files on Oudie (SeeYou Mobile) Tim Taylor Soaring 1 May 16th 16 10:09 PM
FlarmNet Brad[_2_] Soaring 6 August 26th 12 06:35 PM