WAAS upgrade info for Garmin 430

Old December 24th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Default WAAS upgrade info for Garmin 430

Roy Smith wrote:
..

Is there anything I'm supposed to do with the "WAAS CH 90502 W09A"
information? Are there receivers which require you to tune the WAAS
corrections in manually? I've always assumed that a WAAS-equipped GPS
would just do that automatically.

The 480 does. I'm sure the 430-W will as well. I suspect this is
one of those things like the TACAN channel numbers put in there for
"other" users.
Old December 25th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brad[_1_]

Roy Smith wrote:
In article . com,
"Brad" wrote:

200...

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0612/00125R9.PDF

check the NOTAMs before you go...

Is there anything I'm supposed to do with the "WAAS CH 90502 W09A"
information? Are there receivers which require you to tune the WAAS
corrections in manually? I've always assumed that a WAAS-equipped GPS
would just do that automatically.

Those WAAS channel numbers are part of a spec for "Delta 4" receivers
typically associated with an FMS installation that doesn't have a
database of the whole procedure, but instead uses the the channel
number to indentify the Final Approach Segment (FAS). The FMS is used
to navigate the procedure up to the FAF,and the Delta 4 receiver flies
the FAS. This is similar to how an ILS is flown using an FMS.

Your 480 shows the channel, but it isn't necessary to pull up the
procedure.

Old January 2nd 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JD

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/air_traffic/waas-lpv.pdf

RNAV LPVs as of 9/28/06:
http://gps.faa.gov/Library/Data/Master-RNAVs_092806.xls

There may even be a newer list on the web site somewhere.

-JD

Old January 3rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brad[_1_]

JD wrote:
There may even be a newer list on the web site somewhere.

Yes, there is...

http://gps.faa.gov/CapHill/indexApproach.htm

As of 12/21/06:

646 total LPV procedures, as well as 520 LNAV/VNAV procedures without
LPV that can be flown to LNAV/VNAV minima using WAAS.

Expect another 31 LPV procedures 1/18/07.

Brad