Hundreds of Oshkosh pics NOT in yEnc

Old July 28th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

Default Hundreds of Oshkosh pics NOT in yEnc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

Old July 28th 07, 05:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:57:18 +1000, the learned "russell"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

But why *would* web page photos be in yenc?

I can understand why posters would use yenc in usenet to significantly
boost post retention for people on low retention servers, or to cut
size for those outside of USA who are usually on pay per GB or GB
limited ISP accounts.
Old July 28th 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Q wrote in news:l9gla35lkhu73knfk312rq662uvk7c9lce@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:57:18 +1000, the unlearned "russell"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

But why *would* web page photos be in yenc?

I can understand why posters would use yenc in usenet to significantly
boost post retention for people on low retention servers, or to cut
size for those outside of USA who are usually on pay per GB or GB
limited ISP accounts.

please don't start with these anti-yEnc guys again
they love to argue that yEnc is bad antd they will flame you for even
telling them the facts

Old July 28th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:15:08 -0400, Clairbear wrote
(in article ):

Q wrote in news:l9gla35lkhu73knfk312rq662uvk7c9lce@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:57:18 +1000, the unlearned "russell"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

But why *would* web page photos be in yenc?

I can understand why posters would use yenc in usenet to significantly
boost post retention for people on low retention servers, or to cut
size for those outside of USA who are usually on pay per GB or GB
limited ISP accounts.

please don't start with these anti-yEnc guys again
they love to argue that yEnc is bad antd they will flame you for even
telling them the facts

Yeah. It's a religious matter with them. Just ignore 'em and drive on.

Old July 28th 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:10:56 -0400, russell wrote
(in article ):

I don't think eYenc is bad.. I just can't see pictures posted in it.

So get one of the free or low-cost tools (under US$25) which will allow you
see them. Or don't. Your choice. Just know going in that whichever way you
choose, your choice will do _nothing_ to make those who post pix post using
YENC or not using YENC. What you can or can't see on USENET is entirely in
your hands.

Old July 29th 07, 03:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"russell" wrote in news:46abbef1$0$50095$c30e37c6@pit-
reader.telstra.net:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
Q wrote in news:l9gla35lkhu73knfk312rq662uvk7c9lce@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:57:18 +1000, the unlearned "russell"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

But why *would* web page photos be in yenc?

I can understand why posters would use yenc in usenet to significantly
boost post retention for people on low retention servers, or to cut
size for those outside of USA who are usually on pay per GB or GB
limited ISP accounts.

please don't start with these anti-yEnc guys again
they love to argue that yEnc is bad antd they will flame you for even
telling them the facts

Try downloading xnews It might help
Old August 6th 07, 07:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Not Trying[_2_]

In article , hielan' laddie
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:15:08 -0400, Clairbear wrote
(in article ):

Q wrote in news:l9gla35lkhu73knfk312rq662uvk7c9lce@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:57:18 +1000, the unlearned "russell"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/oshkosh/

But why *would* web page photos be in yenc?

I can understand why posters would use yenc in usenet to significantly
boost post retention for people on low retention servers, or to cut
size for those outside of USA who are usually on pay per GB or GB
limited ISP accounts.

please don't start with these anti-yEnc guys again
they love to argue that yEnc is bad antd they will flame you for even
telling them the facts

Yeah. It's a religious matter with them. Just ignore 'em and drive on.

beep beep ...... zooming on Oh and dont give me a car with ABS (to
new) or air bags (unproven) or Fuel injection (might save gas) nop not
for me ..... (sorry just could not pass that one up)
Old August 6th 07, 01:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

beep beep ...... zooming on Oh and dont give me a car with ABS (to
new) or air bags (unproven) or Fuel injection (might save gas) nop not
for me ..... (sorry just could not pass that one up)

Well you aren't too bright are you? The things you mention all come standard
on a new car, just like OE comes standard on a new computer..
Adding eYenc to your computer is like adding foglights to your new car. You
might get fog once in a while, but you can get along without them...

Old August 6th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"russell" wrote in
:

beep beep ...... zooming on Oh and dont give me a car with ABS (to
new) or air bags (unproven) or Fuel injection (might save gas) nop
not for me ..... (sorry just could not pass that one up)

Well you aren't too bright are you? The things you mention all come
standard on a new car, just like OE comes standard on a new computer..
Adding eYenc to your computer is like adding foglights to your new
car. You might get fog once in a while, but you can get along without
them...

Yeah Norton comes standard too. It sucks and is worse than the viruses at
times. So I got rid of it and Downloaded AVG.
Windowscomes with paint and a few other image programs but would'nt you
rather use a real program like photoshop.
Just because it come with you cpu does not mean it is the one and only
product to use