ASW22

Old June 9th 05, 04:09 PM

Default ASW22

Selling my ASW22

more details can be seen here.

http://www.gliderforum.com/thread-vi...7&posts=1#7345

Regards

Al

Old June 10th 05, 12:18 AM
Andreas Maurer

On 9 Jun 2005 08:09:07 -0700, "
wrote:

Selling my ASW22

more details can be seen here.

Amazing weight numbers - 2100 lbs max gross is nearly twice the gross
weight of a stock ASW-22A at 650 kg.
Which structural changes were made, and what's the empty weight?

Bye
Andreas
Old June 10th 05, 12:29 AM

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/ph...sp?albumid=120

Old June 10th 05, 06:20 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 9 Jun 2005 16:29:06 -0700, "
wrote:

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/ph...sp?albumid=120

Nice article (and looking at today's trend towards higher
off-the-shelf water ballast options, questionable),but unfortunately
this doesn't answer my questions...

I like the photos though. Definitely interesting to take off with both
wing tips on the ground. vbg

Bye
Andreas
Old June 13th 05, 02:45 PM

You have experiemental in your country dont you?

I also have a log book signed by Waible confirming the new max gross.

Al

Old June 14th 05, 12:22 AM
Andreas Maurer

On 13 Jun 2005 06:45:30 -0700, "
wrote:

You have experiemental in your country dont you?

Indeed we have - but I don't remember any certified glider that has
ever been operated with enhanced cross weight as an experimental (Open
glass gliders are restricted to 750 kg and 850 kg for double seaters)
in Germany anyway - be it experimental or not).

The most experimental glider in Germany (apart from the Akalfueg
gliders) is probably our AS 22-2 (the prototype of the ASH-25) that is
operated as Experimental since 1984. Empty weight 454 kg... only 20 kg
heavier than our DG-505 with only 20 meters (the 22-2 has the 24 m
wing of your 22A)... a light bird.

I also have a log book signed by Waible confirming the new max gross.

Cool. I'm rather interested in the technical achievments how this high
gross was accomplished - have you flown it with full gross yet and can
comment on performance and flying characteristcs?

Bye
Andreas
Old June 14th 05, 05:14 AM

Flown it at 1850Lbs + (couldnt be bothered fiddling with the inner wing
tanks.

Goes real nice, take off can be entertaining with 6" of ground
clearance but once in the air the only way you know the water is there
is all the speeds are about 5-10knots faster than normal.

On the run and in pull ups the energy retention is something to behold.

Al

Old April 11th 19, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Greenhill

On Thursday, June 9, 2005 at 8:09:07 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Selling my ASW22

more details can be seen here.

http://www.gliderforum.com/thread-vi...7&posts=1#7345

Regards

Al

Is there any more info on how this 22 was brought up to 850kg max gross?
There are technical notes for the 22BE/BLE recertified at 850kg, but none for the 22B/BL. The wings are the same for the 22BL as the BLE, but the recertification only apply to those with engines (from my understanding).

I will be flying a 22BL (with gross wt. 750kg) at Hobbs, and if no modifications are required (I suspect this is mostly logbook work), the extra weight would be nice, bringing the W/S from ~9.2 to ~10.4 lb/ft^2 which would make a big difference.

I appreciate any input.

Thomas