A soaring song

Old April 21st 19, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default A soaring song

Several years ago,I was killing time during the region 8 contest by playing my guitar. Suddenly, I received a vision for the following soaring song. It is sung for obvious reasons to the melody of the old ballad "Ghost Riders In the Sky" Have a chuckle.

"Glass Drivers in the Sky"

An old flyboy went through the gate and started on a task
An ambitious call, let's get around is all that I ask
When all at once, the sky went dead and he settled towards the deck
I'll ride the scrawny bubbles and go as far as I can get
his plane was made of fiberglass, wing pins were made of steel
The wings were white and shiny and the hot air he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as he sunk towards rocky ground
He watched the leaders coming and he heard their mournful sound

Yippy yi ya, the audio is high
Glass drivers in the sky

As the leaders passed over him, he heard one call his name
If you want to save your soul from hell, flying over this range
Then flyboy change your ways today, or with us you will fly
Trying to make the US team, smoking through these endless skies

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, their shirts were soaked with sweat
He's diving fast to catch that gaggle, but he ain't caught em yet
Cause they've got to fly forever on that range up in the sky
In long winged birds of prey, as they fly on hear their cry

Yippy yi ya, the audio is high
Glass drivers in the sky

Lyrics merely channeled through Norman Austin, {contest # November Sierra)
hotto: Get High, Smoke fiberglass,
Old April 21st 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

I can’t seem to equate pale wussie nerdy overweight water-drinkin sunscreen rubbin successful gliderpusses with rawhide-eating cow-punching trick-shootin Marboro smokin wiskey drinkin blood drippin manly men with that Johnny Cash tune playin in my head.
Perhaps a Disney tune.

“Who you calling successful?”

You definitely have Lyrics writing skills Hammerstein.

Name this song please... Flyingmonk Piloting 9 June 19th 06 04:09 AM
Aviation song for US? Jrgen Exner Piloting 39 March 7th 05 02:01 AM
Nice Song! HECTOP Piloting 0 May 20th 04 12:20 AM
OT Newsgroup Song Shawn Curry Soaring 0 January 29th 04 04:48 PM
Nice Song on NPR G.R. Patterson III Piloting 1 January 27th 04 03:47 AM