Flying in the czech republic

Old June 8th 10, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KarlBoutin

Default Flying in the czech republic

I tried google but all the links I found were in czech.
Can someone give me some hints of good clubs to fly in the
czech republic at the end of august. English or french site
would be helpful
Old June 8th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_1_]

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:59:43 -0700, KarlBoutin wrote:

I tried google but all the links I found were in czech. Can someone give
me some hints of good clubs to fly in the czech republic at the end of
august. English or french site would be helpful

I can't help you with flying in the Czech republic... but I may be able
to help you with those Czech web sites...

Install the Google Chrome web browser, it has a built-in feature that
allows it to figure out that the language of the website you are visiting
is not your local language, and it offers to pipe the whole website
through a translator... it does a remarkably good job too... worked great
for me on Russian, Chinese and Polish sites... technology today is
brilliant.

Peter
Old June 8th 10, 12:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KarlBoutin

On Jun 8, 1:51*am, Peter wrote:
....snip...
Install the Google Chrome web browser, it has a built-in feature that
allows it to figure out that the language of the website you are visiting
is not your local language, and it offers to pipe the whole website
through a translator... it does a remarkably good job too... worked great
for me on Russian, Chinese and Polish sites... technology today is
brilliant.

Peter

Thanks for the hint Peter, I will give it a try.
Old June 8th 10, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:59:43 -0700, KarlBoutin wrote:

I tried google but all the links I found were in czech. Can someone give
me some hints of good clubs to fly in the czech republic at the end of
august. English or french site would be helpful

If you're near Prague you could try Aeroclub Kralupy at Sazena, 50°
19'8.60"N, 14°15'46.87"E - go there with Google Earth and you'll see
gliders out on the field (image is copyright 2010). I visited in 1997
when the Free Flight Aeromodel World Championship was run there. It was a
pretty well equipped club back then, and I see they still have an
airworthy Antonov A-15 and (probably) a hangar-full of Blaniks.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old June 8th 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:59:43 -0700, KarlBoutin wrote:

I tried google but all the links I found were in czech. Can someone give
me some hints of good clubs to fly in the czech republic at the end of
august. English or french site would be helpful

If you're near Prague you could try Aeroclub Kralupy at Sazena, 50°
19'8.60"N, 14°15'46.87"E - go there with Google Earth and you'll see
gliders out on the field (image is copyright 2010). I visited in 1997
when the Free Flight Aeromodel World Championship was run there. It was a
pretty well equipped club back then, and I see they still have an
airworthy Antonov A-15 and (probably) a hangar-full of Blaniks.

Even thought the image has a copyright of 2012. The Imagery Date is March 4, 2004.

Respectfully,

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old June 14th 10, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
StaPo

I tried google but all the links I found were in czech. Can someone give
me some hints of good clubs to fly in the czech republic at the end of
august. *English or french site would be helpful

If you will be near Prague, try Benesov, LKBE airfield,
http://www.minfo.cz/benesov-info/zi_informace.php
web page is in Czech only, but Bene Info 118.000 communicates also in
English
(not always common on other sites).

There is professional gliding school here,
http://www.aero-gac.cz/document_root...on=nabidkaletu
with some gliders for rent,
currently 5x VSO10 (performance similar to ASW 15), Twin Astir,
Blaniks, Dimona,
often also ASK 21 for aerobatics.
Contact school chief/owner Milos Ramert mentioned in Contacts if
interested.
Thermic weather near Benesov is usually one of the best in CZ,
and GAC school flies everyday, if weather permits.