NEXTEL paint

Old March 31st 19, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default NEXTEL paint

Hi, does anyone in USA know where to buy NEXTEL Suede paint used for instrument panels? p.s.
Old March 31st 19, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Mankiewicz Coatings, LLC
1200 Charleston Regional Parkway
Charleston, SC 29492,
United States
+1 843 654 7755
+1 843 654 7759
Old March 31st 19, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 11:54:03 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
Mankiewicz Coatings, LLC
1200 Charleston Regional Parkway
Charleston, SC 29492,
United States
+1 843 654 7755
+1 843 654 7759

The problem is you will have to buy a gallon. Primer and paint over $500 not including shipping. You are better off sending the parts for painting, Andrzej
Old April 1st 19, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KEN

On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 9:18:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi, does anyone in USA know where to buy NEXTEL Suede paint used for instrument panels? p.s.

I painted a instrument panel with Nextel from Mankiewicz Coatings and they sold me a quart ( still very expensive).
Ken
Old April 1st 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

we flat black anodized Grob Aluminum panels and they came out great, and not too expensive.

SF
Old April 1st 19, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 5:30:18 PM UTC-7, SF wrote:
we flat black anodized Grob Aluminum panels and they came out great, and not too expensive.

SF

I finish with Rust Oleum rough finish spray Home Depot. If you want it flat black then coat with Flat Black wood stove paint Rust Oleum Home Depot.

http://www.craggyaero.com/Ventusb2013.jpg

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 1st 19, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you for contact info, I need just very little for canopy frame to match my panel (Nextel Suede grey). p.s.
Old April 1st 19, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

My last panel used 3.2mm textured plastic, laser cut by an engraving company, very accurate hole cutting and markings, highly recommend.
Old April 1st 19, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 9:31:40 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 5:30:18 PM UTC-7, SF wrote:
we flat black anodized Grob Aluminum panels and they came out great, and not too expensive.

SF

I finish with Rust Oleum rough finish spray Home Depot. If you want it flat black then coat with Flat Black wood stove paint Rust Oleum Home Depot.

http://www.craggyaero.com/Ventusb2013.jpg

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I do the same. The textured paint also has the benefit of hiding small defects.
UH
Old April 1st 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 5:42:23 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 9:31:40 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 5:30:18 PM UTC-7, SF wrote:
we flat black anodized Grob Aluminum panels and they came out great, and not too expensive.

SF

I finish with Rust Oleum rough finish spray Home Depot. If you want it flat black then coat with Flat Black wood stove paint Rust Oleum Home Depot.

http://www.craggyaero.com/Ventusb2013.jpg

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I do the same. The textured paint also has the benefit of hiding small defects.
UH

I've done the same on the glare shield, but Rustoleum seems to take for ever to off-gas. You could smell it months after application.
Hank, how hot do you cure it after painting?
Jim

Paint job W&B Dan Luke Owning 2 March 31st 07 12:03 AM
paint ED[_2_] Home Built 1 March 23rd 07 06:15 AM
paint [email protected] Soaring 9 March 7th 06 09:22 PM
Paint Steve Owning 17 January 8th 06 08:54 AM
Nextel paint finish for cockpits Simon Waddell Soaring 5 December 26th 03 02:48 PM