Pee bag gel

Old April 30th 19, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default Pee bag gel

We have cats and just got a new type of litter for them called SoPhresh Gel Lock. This stuff would be great in a zip lock pee bag! Super absorbent and turns into a gel immediately. I have not tried it in flight yet, but once i saw how this stuff worked i knew it would be great to put in some pee bags. They have it at Petco and probably amazon as well

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...lti-cat-litter

What do you think?
Old April 30th 19, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 9:02:35 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
We have cats and just got a new type of litter for them called SoPhresh Gel Lock. This stuff would be great in a zip lock pee bag! Super absorbent and turns into a gel immediately. I have not tried it in flight yet, but once i saw how this stuff worked i knew it would be great to put in some pee bags. They have it at Petco and probably amazon as well

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...lti-cat-litter

What do you think?

Thirty-four bucks for a bag of kitty litter, wow. I throw that stuff away, so I buy the cheaper crap at target and use a leg bag in flight. Keep the kitty in the bag as it were.
Old April 30th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 8:46:35 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 9:02:35 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
We have cats and just got a new type of litter for them called SoPhresh Gel Lock. This stuff would be great in a zip lock pee bag! Super absorbent and turns into a gel immediately. I have not tried it in flight yet, but once i saw how this stuff worked i knew it would be great to put in some pee bags. They have it at Petco and probably amazon as well

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...lti-cat-litter

What do you think?

Thirty-four bucks for a bag of kitty litter, wow. I throw that stuff away, so I buy the cheaper crap at target and use a leg bag in flight. Keep the kitty in the bag as it were.

its really good stuff though.
Old April 30th 19, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

its really good stuff though.

So is a tube through the bottom of the glider. No bags of liquid or gel to sit with for hours.
Jim
Old April 30th 19, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

....Except when it corrodes anything it gets into.

There are gel filled pee bags available, but the medical grade urinary
bags work just fine.Â* They're cheap and if you're cheap (like me) they
can also be rinsed out and reused.Â* They have a drain and an anti-reflux
valve so they're mess free.

And did I say cheap?

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 30th 19, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 4/30/2019 10:42 AM, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

its really good stuff though.

So is a tube through the bottom of the glider. No bags of liquid or gel to sit with for hours.
Jim

--
Dan, 5J

I used to use ziplock bags with toddler size diapers inside to soak up the liquid - optional but helps prevent spills. Perhaps the gelling cat litter can replace the diapers.

An "english ice bag" (available on Amazon for cheap) has a largish mouth with leak-proof screw-on cap, and expands to hold 2 or 3 uses. I use it plain (no gel or anything). Rinse and repeat (i.e. use on next flight) - it doesn't smell when the cap is not open. Since I got it I use very few of the diaper baggies. I bring a large zip-lock bag to put it inside of, to catch any liquid that misses the mouth of the English bag, and in case it springs a leak, and to protect it from abrasion so as to avoid a leak. No leaks in two seasons.
Old April 30th 19, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On 4/30/2019 10:42 AM, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

its really good stuff though.

So is a tube through the bottom of the glider. No bags of liquid or gel to sit with for hours.
Jim

--
Dan, 5J

Oh you rise yours out before reuse?
Old May 1st 19, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On 4/30/2019 10:42 AM, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

its really good stuff though.

So is a tube through the bottom of the glider. No bags of liquid or gel to sit with for hours.
Jim

--
Dan, 5J

I use these gel pee bags often, bladder just wont hold like it did in years past. They really work just fine and there is no track in your pants when you land. I usually fill them up and plan a final run over the local trailer park, most people from the north call them manufactured homes, but they are actually trailers with some being double wide units. I just make a nice pass over the park and drop the gel bags from about 2K.I guess they think it is a doggie scoop bag. Bob
Old May 1st 19, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Oh you rinse yours out before reuse?

:-D
Belly laugh...

--
Dan, 5J
Old May 1st 19, 03:01 AM
Delta8 Delta8 is offline
Member

Location: Pa.

I've heard Depends work well but haven't tried them yet . Perhaps a ground trial first. KS uses a catheter and bag under the seat ....The thought of bailing out is scary though.