A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

3M Perfect it and WX Block&Seal

Old May 3rd 19, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac
external usenet poster

Default 3M Perfect it and WX Block&Seal

I bought both from WW and i am wondering if i should apply both? or is that just overkill? I the description of the 3M stuff it says you can follow up with WX block/seal. Just not sure if i should apply the 3M stuff and then apply thw WX. Now that i really think about it it kind of seems like i should just do one or the other. Thoughts?
Old May 4th 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 1:21:59 PM UTC-6, soaringjac wrote:
I bought both from WW and i am wondering if i should apply both? or is that just overkill? I the description of the 3M stuff it says you can follow up with WX block/seal. Just not sure if i should apply the 3M stuff and then apply thw WX. Now that i really think about it it kind of seems like i should just do one or the other. Thoughts?

If your glider needs buffing, first use the Perfect-It. WX products are nice for protecting the surface after buffing.

Mike
Old May 4th 19, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac
external usenet poster

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 5:40:41 PM UTC-7, Mike C wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 1:21:59 PM UTC-6, soaringjac wrote:

If your glider needs buffing, first use the Perfect-It. WX products are nice for protecting the surface after buffing.

Mike

Thanks Mike!
Old May 4th 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.
external usenet poster

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 12:21:59 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

First:
3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound (06085)

Then
3M Perfect-It Machine Polish (06064)

Finally
wax of your choice

Don't forget to mask your seals and turbulators with masking tape to protect them from the buffer

I just did my wings last weekend and they turned out great
Old May 4th 19, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 7:55:53 AM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 12:21:59 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:

First:
3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound (06085)

Then
3M Perfect-It Machine Polish (06064)

Finally
wax of your choice

Don't forget to mask your seals and turbulators with masking tape to protect them from the buffer

I just did my wings last weekend and they turned out great

Thanks Matt