A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 27th 18, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Clare Snyder
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes

On Sun, 27 May 2018 14:01:17 +1200, george152 wrote:

On 5/26/2018 12:00 PM, wrote:
Comparing airplanes to birds is moot in this respect. You have birds achieving thrust by reshaping the wing by utilizing muscular structures in the body and planes achieving thrust without manipulating the wing.
If we assume that low wing is a better design, then birds would still be high wing because muscles achieve work by pulling, so flying would be impossible!


High wing is best because you can get through gates at airstrips

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

High wing planes are better if you want to look down
Low wing planes are better if you want to look up.
High wing planes are better if you need to land in scrub. - or land
on skis or floats.

Low wing planes are easier to fill wing tanks.
Ads
  #12  
Old June 13th 18, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes

On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 8:00:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Comparing airplanes to birds is moot in this respect. You have birds achieving thrust by reshaping the wing by utilizing muscular structures in the body and planes achieving thrust without manipulating the wing.
If we assume that low wing is a better design, then birds would still be high wing because muscles achieve work by pulling, so flying would be impossible!


My initial point is that high-wing designs are inherently more stable
when moving through a dynamic atmosphere, and evolution proves it. We see
this in insects and bats as well. It's as simple as *not being top heavy*.
It's a gravitational factor.

---

  #14  
Old June 19th 18, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 1:01:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 8:00:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Comparing airplanes to birds is moot in this respect. You have birds achieving thrust by reshaping the wing by utilizing muscular structures in the body and planes achieving thrust without manipulating the wing.
If we assume that low wing is a better design, then birds would still be high wing because muscles achieve work by pulling, so flying would be impossible!


My initial point is that high-wing designs are inherently more stable
when moving through a dynamic atmosphere, and evolution proves it. We see
this in insects and bats as well. It's as simple as *not being top heavy*.
It's a gravitational factor.

---


Babbling nonsense.


--
Jim Pennino


Says you, the anal retentive dope who debates everything and
anything with non sequitur deflections and then finally after
trolling with a litany of insults, broken chains of thought
sequences, and non-deductive deductions, eventually just results
to lying, repeating misinformation ad nauseam, and packaging
the entire mess laden with grammatical errors that a fifth
grader wouldn't make.

Stay out of airplanes asshole.

---
  #15  
Old June 19th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,877
Default High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes

wrote:
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 1:01:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 8:00:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Comparing airplanes to birds is moot in this respect. You have birds achieving thrust by reshaping the wing by utilizing muscular structures in the body and planes achieving thrust without manipulating the wing.
If we assume that low wing is a better design, then birds would still be high wing because muscles achieve work by pulling, so flying would be impossible!

My initial point is that high-wing designs are inherently more stable
when moving through a dynamic atmosphere, and evolution proves it. We see
this in insects and bats as well. It's as simple as *not being top heavy*.
It's a gravitational factor.

---


Babbling nonsense.


--
Jim Pennino


Says you, the anal retentive dope who debates everything and
anything with non sequitur deflections and then finally after
trolling with a litany of insults, broken chains of thought
sequences, and non-deductive deductions, eventually just results
to lying, repeating misinformation ad nauseam, and packaging
the entire mess laden with grammatical errors that a fifth
grader wouldn't make.

Stay out of airplanes asshole.

---


**** off and die idiot.


--
Jim Pennino
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic High wing Low wing collision user Soaring 1 May 17th 08 12:27 AM
Low wing landing, high wing taking off...oops [email protected] Piloting 1 May 16th 08 09:41 PM
Soft field landings - low wing vs high wing aircraft Justin Gombos Piloting 19 May 23rd 07 05:21 AM
High wing to low wing converts...or, visa versa? Jack Allison Owning 99 January 27th 05 11:10 AM
End of High wing low wing search for me dan Home Built 7 January 11th 04 10:57 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.