Schweizer 1-20 History Request

Old July 31st 17, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Schweizer 1-20 History Request

I am looking for non Internet history, photos, stories and anecdotes about the factory Schweizer 1-20, NX91840, between the years 1964-1994.

Any info would be appreciated.

Guy Byars
Old August 1st 17, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:09:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I am looking for non Internet history, photos, stories and anecdotes about the factory Schweizer 1-20, NX91840, between the years 1964-1994.

Any info would be appreciated.

Guy Byars

The FAA Registry lists the glider under N91840, i.e. without the 'x'.
Old August 1st 17, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 7:32:02 PM UTC-5, Tom BravoMike wrote:

The FAA Registry lists the glider under N91840, i.e. without the 'x'.

Tom BravoMike, please have a look at 14CFR 45.22 (b).

And as I read this, Guy, you didn't need to have the word "Experimental" on the side of the fuselage, because of the "X" in the registration number. If, however, the plane originally had "Experimental" on the side of the fuselage, then it "should" be there now, too!

Steve Leonard
Old August 1st 17, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 7:55:54 PM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 7:32:02 PM UTC-5, Tom BravoMike wrote:

The FAA Registry lists the glider under N91840, i.e. without the 'x'.

Tom BravoMike, please have a look at 14CFR 45.22 (b).

And as I read this, Guy, you didn't need to have the word "Experimental" on the side of the fuselage, because of the "X" in the registration number. If, however, the plane originally had "Experimental" on the side of the fuselage, then it "should" be there now, too!

Steve Leonard

Hmm, interesting. I had no idea, thanks. Still, a rare occurrence, it seems to me. Maybe I just didn't pay attention in other similar cases.
Old August 1st 17, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 9:20:23 PM UTC-5, Tom BravoMike wrote:

Hmm, interesting. I had no idea, thanks. Still, a rare occurrence, it seems to me. Maybe I just didn't pay attention in other similar cases.

There are lots of NCs at Oshkosh. Some NRs, too. But, yes. Not so many NXs. If you are not already, join the National Soaring Museum. See more NX gliders and sailplanes! Even some G- gliders!

Steve