JWGC Finally contest day 2 - US Pilots

Old August 4th 17, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default JWGC Finally contest day 2 - US Pilots

Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club
Old August 4th 17, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:32:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

The life tracking is superb - well done!
Uli
'AS'
Old August 4th 17, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agreed --

The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the pilots
and course / speed information

Really nice job

AE

Old August 4th 17, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Scores are coming on line:
http://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/jwg...17-08-04/daily
Old August 4th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 7:31:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Agreed --

The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the pilots
and course / speed information

Really nice job

AE

Dang - it is working too well! I won't get any work done this morning! ;-)
Old August 4th 17, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Alright !!

Check the day scores and the totals

The US team is right up there near the top after two
days.....

Keep up the good flying

AE

Old August 4th 17, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 07:35:56 -0700, AS wrote:

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 7:31:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Agreed --

The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the
pilots and course / speed information

Really nice job

AE

Dang - it is working too well! I won't get any work done this morning!
;-)

Its got some problems with tagging gliders on the map. At one point I
could see four widely separated Standard Class gliders all with an FL
tag.

One was AA (Kevin Kaer Andersen) while he was flying back home. This was
an obvious mistake because hovering the mouse over one of the FL icons on
the map lit up his AA entry on the pilots list. Since landing, his map
icon has changed to AA.

So, will be a very nice tracking system once testing is finished and the
bugs squashed.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old August 4th 17, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 3:32:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

Outstanding performance by the U.S. Team! Well done guys!

Looks like Daniel, J.P. and Noah have got this team flying thing well in hand.

That tracking setup is the best I've seen so far. It was actually exciting to watch.
Old August 4th 17, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:32:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

An Extraordinary job by some Extraordinary pilots - and they are really nice

Well done!!

WH
Old August 5th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Guys did a great job!

JWGC July 31 Contest day cancelled - US Pilots [email protected] Soaring 1 July 31st 17 11:23 PM
JWGC Contest Day 1 -US Pilots [email protected] Soaring 0 July 30th 17 01:10 PM
New Contest Pilots MNLou Soaring 5 July 22nd 14 10:20 PM
Thanks to [US] Contest Pilots Chip Bearden Soaring 2 July 8th 08 05:41 PM
ALL USA CONTEST PILOTS [email protected] Soaring 6 January 11th 06 08:06 PM