Another F-16 bites the dust

Old September 20th 04, 01:33 AM
Ditch

Default Another F-16 bites the dust

At least I think that's a back seater, as one clip shows two parachutes for a
brief
second.

Just one...it is..er..was a single seat Viper.
He did a good job, tho. Hats off.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*
Old September 20th 04, 02:51 AM
Newps

Ditch wrote:
At least I think that's a back seater, as one clip shows two parachutes for a
brief
second.

Just one...it is..er..was a single seat Viper.
He did a good job, tho. Hats off.

All the raging debate over crash video and all he can come up with is
video that crappy looking? What was it shot with, his Mom's Super 8?

Old September 20th 04, 04:12 AM
Ditch

What was it shot with, his Mom's Super 8?

Are you serious? It was amatuer video shot in Korea that was shown on the news.

Old September 20th 04, 06:30 AM
Iwan Bogels

"Newps" schreef in bericht

Ditch wrote:
At least I think that's a back seater, as one clip shows two parachutes

for a
brief
second.

Just one...it is..er..was a single seat Viper.
He did a good job, tho. Hats off.

All the raging debate over crash video and all he can come up with is
video that crappy looking? What was it shot with, his Mom's Super 8?

Yeah, next time an aircraft is expected to crash I hope they set up
professional camera's at various different angles from the crash scene, do
slow motion replays, add exciting comments when approaching the end zone for
"touchdown" and zoom in on the faces of the pilots just like they do at the
Super Bowl !!

GET REAL !!!!!

Iwan
http://www.dappa.nl/crash.htm

Old September 20th 04, 07:56 PM
Maule Driver

How does everyone seem to know that the pilot risked his life staying with
the plane until clear of hazard areas?

"Chris Schmelzer" wrote in message
Excellent pilot work (as previously discussed). Pilot did his duty and
risked his own life to protect life and property of civilians

Old September 20th 04, 08:36 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Maule Driver wrote:

How does everyone seem to know that the pilot risked his life staying with
the plane until clear of hazard areas?

Well, the pilot seemed to survive in this case, so you can just ask (and adjust the
answer by the appropriate BS factor).

In the general sense, though, there *do* seem to be a lot of cases in which witnesses
talk about how this "great pilot" avoided the subdivision/school/high-rise/whatever
when a look at the detailed NTSB report shows this was just the luck of the draw.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old September 22nd 04, 11:12 PM
David CL Francis

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 at 19:36:39 in message
, G.R. Patterson III
wrote:

In the general sense, though, there *do* seem to be a lot of cases in which witnesses
talk about how this "great pilot" avoided the subdivision/school/high-rise/whatever
when a look at the detailed NTSB report shows this was just the luck of the draw.

When I used to talk to my father, who was a pre-WW2 RAF pilot, he used
to say that media reports of witnesses of aircraft crashes nearly always
had 3 characteristics in his experience.

1. The engine was making a funny noise.
2. The pilot was struggling or fighting with the controls.
3. The pilot fought to avoid catastrophe by turning away from the
[school], [hospital], [cinema], [football stadium]... fill in
your own appropriate object.

As my father used to say, 'what pilot would not try and avoid any large
building in an emergency, regardless of its content?'

Well the world has changed quite a bit, but not that much!
--
David CL Francis
Old September 24th 04, 02:42 PM
Gary G

Newps wrote in
:

They have to compress it to make the viewing reasonable via the net!
Give me a break!
It seems as though you don't know much about video compression
for reasonable viewing . . .

Old September 24th 04, 09:40 PM
Newps

Gary G wrote:

Newps wrote in
:

They have to compress it to make the viewing reasonable via the net!
Give me a break!
It seems as though you don't know much about video compression
for reasonable viewing . . .

I work enough with my own video editing and DVD burning to know that
that video was junk. Has nothing to do with compression. Garbage in,
garbage out.

Old September 29th 04, 08:34 PM
Chris Schmelzer

In article ,
Newps wrote:

Gary G wrote:

Newps wrote in
:

They have to compress it to make the viewing reasonable via the net!
Give me a break!
It seems as though you don't know much about video compression
for reasonable viewing . . .

I work enough with my own video editing and DVD burning to know that
that video was junk. Has nothing to do with compression. Garbage in,
garbage out.

Wow, and you are welcome...geez

Guess you need to do PROFESSIONAL LEVEL video compression as a hobbyist
to survive around here!

--
Chris Schmelzer, MD
Capt, 110th Fighter Michigan ANG