Skylane Alternator

Old December 8th 03, 03:24 AM
MLenoch

Default Skylane Alternator

Anyone have an alternator problem with their Skylane? The alternator indicator
needle flickers and so do the lights. What were the remedies?
Thx in advance,
V. Lenoch
(Posted here because I'm a pilot & this is where I read daily....sorry!)
Old December 8th 03, 02:37 PM
Bill Zaleski

A bad master switch, (alternator side) will cause this. Resistance in
the switch will cause the field voltage to rise and fall at the cycle
rate of the needle and lights excursions. Resistance anywhere along
the field wiring could cause it also, but the switch is the likely
culprit. I have seen it in Pipers also.