If user fees go into effect I'm done

Old February 19th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Mxsmanic wrote:
Judah writes:

You yourself expressed a lack of understanding of trim.

What did I misunderstand about trim?

Simulator time alone is not sufficient for safe flight.

Actually it is. And in the future you will see airline pilots even in the
U.S. who have trained exclusively on simulators prior to their first revenue
flight with passengers. As technology evolves, training in a tin can for
flying an airliner is becoming as irrelevant as training in a rowboat for
piloting a supertanker.

No one in any country is even near doing it that way.
Old February 19th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Chris wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

The last time we had this fight was 10 years ago, the current system has
to be decided no later than Sept 30 because there is a sunset provision in
what we are doing now. They will, in the end, reauthorize the current
system pretty much as is. Taxes on airline tickets and per passenger fees
may get adjusted slightly.

The best way to tax is per ticket or passenger not on the value of the
ticket. That way the tax is not revenue dependent but movement dependent.
The Low costs airlines put less into the taxes whilst having more activity
which does not make sense.

Ah, the heart of the user fee battle. How do the common carriers
properly allocate the costs amongst themselves when, push comes to
shove, they cannot agree on much of anything?
Old February 19th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

WATCHDOG WORRIES ABOUT NGATS
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194481)
The FAA's Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO) is making
progress toward the lofty goal of reinventing the National Airspace
System, but there's a minefield of coordination, budget and
implementation issues ahead, according to a report
(http://www.oig.dot.gov/StreamFile?fi.../av2007031.pdf)
from the Department of Transportation's Office of Inspector General.
OIG said the creation of the Next Generation Air Transportation System
(NGATS) is "an extraordinarily complex and high-risk effort given the
potential multibillion-dollar investments by FAA and airspace users."
While there seems to be an overall plan to coordinate a bunch of
agencies toward the goal of accommodating three times the air traffic
of today by 2025, the OIG worries that there's a lack of specific
direction within those agencies to make sure the work actually gets
done. The OIG is naturally interested in just how the FAA is going to
invest all those billions of dollars in NGATS equipment and
facilities, but it's also concerned about the financial impact on
those who will use the system.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194481
Old February 20th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Tony

Haven't you by now learned to never let reality interfere with
simulation? :-)

On Feb 18, 9:13 pm, Sam Spade wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
Judah writes:

You yourself expressed a lack of understanding of trim.

What did I misunderstand about trim?

Simulator time alone is not sufficient for safe flight.

Actually it is. And in the future you will see airline pilots even in the
U.S. who have trained exclusively on simulators prior to their first revenue
flight with passengers. As technology evolves, training in a tin can for
flying an airliner is becoming as irrelevant as training in a rowboat for
piloting a supertanker.

No one in any country is even near doing it that way.- Hide quoted text -

If user fees go into effect I'm done [email protected] Piloting 286 February 20th 07 02:02 AM
Trouble ahead over small plane fees AJ Piloting 90 April 15th 06 01:19 PM
What will user fees do to small towered airports Steve Foley Piloting 10 March 8th 06 03:13 PM
GA User fees Jose Piloting 48 December 24th 05 02:12 AM
The Irony of Boeing/Jeppesen Being Charged User Fees! Larry Dighera Piloting 9 January 23rd 04 12:23 PM