Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 16th 04, 11:27 PM
Dave Stadt

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .
Why is it that Liberals always feel guilty for what they have? And even
more worrisome is why do Liberals feel guilty for what OTHERS have
and want to take it away from them and give it to someone who hasn't
managed to earn and have much.

There was a time when I didn't have anything. I worked hard and now
I have things. I want to keep them. They're mine. I don't want Liberals to
play
Robin Hood with my stuff and give it to those not inclined to get their
own stuff.

Liberal govt has no legal right to take stuff from one group and give it
to another. They have a right to take from us enough to operate govt and
provide for our physical security. That's it. No Robin Hood stuff.

They know that at some point we will have had enough and their **** will
be in the wind. THAT is why they don't want us to have guns. We will
use them to defend our stuff. Now THAT scares them Liberals.

The very guiltless and Libertarian Otis W.

Didja ever notice how liberals are more than willing to take other peoples
assets and redistribute them but are more than willing to keep their assets
to themselves.

Old April 17th 04, 12:09 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
m...

Didja ever notice how liberals are more than willing to take other peoples
assets and redistribute them but are more than willing to keep their

assets
to themselves.

And the "conservatives" are different, how?

Old April 17th 04, 01:50 AM
G.R. Patterson III

xyzzy wrote:

Who pays to build and maintain all those airports we fly out of?

Most of the ones I fly out of are privately built and owned.

Who pays to build and maintain all the navaids we depend on?

Buddy, I can do without them if the Feds would free up the airspace and go away.

Who pays for all those air traffic controllers that are available for us
24/7?

I don't use them.

If you honestly think the user fees you pay in taxes on your 100LL cover
the cost of your use of this stuff, you are seriously fooling yourself.

Bull****.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".
Old April 17th 04, 02:32 AM
Dan Truesdell

I don't feel guilty. I feel fortunate. And I look at the whole
picture. I've worked hard to get a degree, develop a career, and have a
comfortable lifestyle (that fortunately includes a plane). However, I
also recognize that, due to the fact I grew up in a poor family in a
poor town, you all paid for half my college education. (I paid the
other half.) Thank you! That "Robin hood Government" you speak of took
a small piece of your hard earned money and invested it in me. Guess
what? I paid more in taxes last year than I received in 4 years of
financial aid. Sounds like a good investment to me. What did you get
for your money? A very productive member of society who recognizes
that, thanks to a government that believes that an educated populous is
critical, I am able to visit a doctor when I need one. And get a
plumber when I need one. DO you think that the oft-touted "Free Market
Economy" will generate all of the necessary services we all need and
use? Not likely. Only the ones that are profitable. Think of that the
next time you visit a government educated doctor. Or the next time you
kid goes to a government funded school. Or the factory in your town is
kept from dumping toxic waste in your backyard because a government
funded EPA official keeps them from doing it. I realize that there is
certainly waste in government, but let's keep the whole picture in mind.

Otis Winslow wrote:
[...]

"Musky" wrote in message

Churchill was a smart man, but I don't agree with him on this one. The
point seems to be that one's personal needs become more important than
the needs of the group after a certain age. I don't believe liberals
are that brainless, nor conservatives that heartless.

While it may happen to many people, for me it is nonsense. I am far
more liberal---and sure of myself in choosing so---since I turned 30.

Frankly since I began acquiring things like houses and airplanes, I have
realized how important these things are and how short life is. I have
realized that there is nothing magic about me that makes me deserve
these things more than other people.

I would rephrase it to say that anyone who is over 30 and is still a
liberal has done some important thinking about their rights and
responsibilities. Same goes for conservatives, I just don't agree with
the conclusions they came to. Que sera sera.

Actually, it's another from Winston Churchill (who as I remember
changed political party himself, probably at age 30).

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any

man

who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

--
Remove "2PLANES" to reply.

Old April 17th 04, 02:42 AM
Teacherjh

Only the ones that are profitable.

Well, in your post you posited that you were a profitable investment (by the
government). I think the distnictino you are trying to make is long term vs
short term profits. The government (in your case) reaped a long term profit.
But the payoff time was many years, too many for most corporations to care
about.

Jose

Old April 17th 04, 06:04 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
et...

And the "conservatives" are different, how?

Conservatives don't want to take other peoples assets and redistribute them.

Old April 17th 04, 06:14 AM
Jason Peterson

The local small airport near me was bought by the government to stop it from
being bought by a home builder. Now tell me that it is the free market at
work there. The land is worth millions, but the government wants to keep it
an airport. I guess government spending is not so bad after all!!!

Jason

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bill Denton" wrote in message

How much did you pay the FAA last year, other than the same
amount that non-flyers in your tax bracket paid?

Considerably more, as the primary source of FAA funding is user taxes

which
are not paid by non-flyers.

Old April 17th 04, 12:34 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Pete" wrote in message
.com...

No, they want to tell you what you can and can't do in your
bedroom, and with your own body. They want to tell you who
you can marry, demand you go to church, but then you catch
them in a motel room doin' what they said not to do.

Conservatives are a bunch of lying liars.

You've bought the propaganda.

The basic difference between conservatives and liberals is their position on
freedom. Conservatives are fer it, liberals are agin' it.

Old April 17th 04, 12:42 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jason Peterson" wrote in message

The local small airport near me was bought by the government to
stop it from being bought by a home builder. Now tell me that it is
the free market at work there. The land is worth millions, but the
government wants to keep it an airport. I guess government
spending is not so bad after all!!!

Why did the airport owner sell the airport to the government instead of the
developer?