No SID in clearance, fly it anyway?

Old November 5th 03, 06:22 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Chip Jones" wrote in message

k.net...

Or "VHF" towers, or "VHS" towers...all of which came up in aviation

media
reports about the hearings and debates.

Or the slightly less popular beta towers.

LOL. If only that damn union would get out of the way, we could outsource
for some 8-track capability.

I favor privatization for just that reason, but these "experts" didn't even
bother to develop a model of the system they want to modify immediately.
Boeing spent a fortune developing a model to implement DCAC and take
advantage of manufacturing automation, but there was still a nose wheel
collapse on the the first DCAC 747-4xx.

Old November 5th 03, 08:18 PM
Chip Jones

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

[snipped]

LOL. If only that damn union would get out of the way, we could

outsource
for some 8-track capability.

I favor privatization for just that reason, but these "experts" didn't

even
bother to develop a model of the system they want to modify immediately.

You favor privatization of the public National Airspace System simply so
that you can bust up a tiny labor union? You must be a Republican. That's
the best reason they could come up with to justify ATC privatization too,
since the facts don't lend themselves to any higher motive.

Who cares about a system model for what comes next? American government
works best when we run it like a business, just like Enron, MCI, or any
major airline (say Eastern, Pan Am, TWA etc). Thanks to the political
lobbying efforts of persons such as the Federal Aviation Administrator
herself, we have defeated the evil force of collective bargaining for
employees. Now we can rest assured that any Republican-owned private
business monopoly winning the low bid on American ATC can turn a profit, and
profit is what business is all about.

Chip, ZTL

Old November 5th 03, 08:22 PM
Roy Smith

"Chip Jones" wrote:
Who cares about a system model for what comes next? American government
works best when we run it like a business, just like Enron, MCI, or any
major airline (say Eastern, Pan Am, TWA etc).

And management better watch out if the stockholders get too ****ed off.
The last time the stockholders got really ****ed, King George got a
black eye. Might happen again some day :-)
Old November 5th 03, 08:43 PM
Tom S.

"Chip Jones" wrote:
Who cares about a system model for what comes next? American government
works best when we run it like a business,

Sounds nice, but it's a myth. One can't run a government like a business
because the rules are the inverse of one another (bureaucracy vs.
flexibility of decision making).

just like Enron, MCI, or any
major airline (say Eastern, Pan Am, TWA etc).

And those companies tired to run the business like a government.

Old November 5th 03, 10:16 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

[snipped]

LOL. If only that damn union would get out of the way, we could

outsource
for some 8-track capability.

I favor privatization for just that reason, but these "experts" didn't

even
bother to develop a model of the system they want to modify immediately.

You favor privatization of the public National Airspace System simply so
that you can bust up a tiny labor union?

I want automation that the Federal system has been incapable of delivering.

You must be a Republican.

The reform of FAA, such that retrofits cease to kill was a Republican
initiative. It is only a few hundred lives a year, but eliminating them put
ATC in the cat bird seat.

That's
the best reason they could come up with to justify ATC privatization too,
since the facts don't lend themselves to any higher motive.

ATC becomming the number two killer in common carrier events after terrorism
helps move the issue forward.

Who cares about a system model for what comes next? American government
works best when we run it like a business, just like Enron, MCI, or any
major airline (say Eastern, Pan Am, TWA etc). Thanks to the political
lobbying efforts of persons such as the Federal Aviation Administrator
herself, we have defeated the evil force of collective bargaining for
employees.

All aviation is politics.

Now we can rest assured that any Republican-owned private
business monopoly winning the low bid on American ATC can turn a profit,

and
profit is what business is all about.

Many profit from FAA.