Changing language in GPS-NAV

Old February 4th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B

Default Changing language in GPS-NAV

I have recently purchassed a glider with L-NAV and GPS-NAV model 25.
However the display is in German. I have searched the manual, but I
cannot find how to change it to English. The Cambridge - Aero site was
of not much help either.
Any suggestion on changing the language would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Old February 4th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Paul,

Cambridge sells the GPS-NAV LCD display is several different language
versions. To change languages would require only a firmware chip change.
They can do that at Cambridge. I recommend that you contact Gary Kammerer
at Cambridge at .

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old February 4th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B

Thanks Paul, no wonder I could not find it in the manual. I was
expecting a simple software command, which it of course should be.

Paul

Old February 4th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

Paul B wrote:
Thanks Paul, no wonder I could not find it in the manual. I was
expecting a simple software command, which it of course should be.

Yes, should be - if the instrument was being designed and built today.
Remember that there was a time when memory was not only expensive but
you simply couldn't physically put that much into something the size of
the Cambridge display.

Tony V.
Old February 4th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

On Feb 4, 4:46*am, Paul B wrote:
I have recently purchassed a glider with L-NAV and GPS-NAV model 25.
However the display is in German. *I have searched the manual, but I
cannot find how to change it to English. *The Cambridge - Aero site was
of not much help either.
Any suggestion on changing the language would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

I have an extra GPS-NAV chip Engilish.

I can upgrade your GPS NAV Display.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old February 7th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B

Richard wrote:
On Feb 4, 4:46 am, Paul B wrote:
I have recently purchassed a glider with L-NAV and GPS-NAV model 25.
However the display is in German. I have searched the manual, but I
cannot find how to change it to English. The Cambridge - Aero site was
of not much help either.
Any suggestion on changing the language would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

I have an extra GPS-NAV chip Engilish.

I can upgrade your GPS NAV Display.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Thank you Richard, I will contact you off line for details.

Paul
Old February 7th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B

Tony Verhulst wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Thanks Paul, no wonder I could not find it in the manual. I was
expecting a simple software command, which it of course should be.

Yes, should be - if the instrument was being designed and built today.
Remember that there was a time when memory was not only expensive but
you simply couldn't physically put that much into something the size of
the Cambridge display.

Tony V.

Point taken Tony, even though I am not sure that those limitations were
in place in mid nineties, considering the relatively miniscule
requirement few text messages impose.

Paul
Old February 8th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

Paul B wrote:
Tony Verhulst wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Thanks Paul, no wonder I could not find it in the manual. I was
expecting a simple software command, which it of course should be.

Yes, should be - if the instrument was being designed and built today.
Remember that there was a time when memory was not only expensive but
you simply couldn't physically put that much into something the size
of the Cambridge display.

Tony V.

Point taken Tony, even though I am not sure that those limitations were
in place in mid nineties, considering the relatively miniscule
requirement few text messages impose.

The text AND the logic AND interface for selecting different languages.
But, you're right, I don't really know either. I do remember paying
almost $200 for 64 MEGAbytes of RAM in that time frame, though.

Tony V.