It's been a LOUSY U.S. soaring contest season!

Old June 14th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob D

Default It's been a LOUSY U.S. soaring contest season!

On Jun 13, 12:08*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:
What have we done to deserve this?

....all you whiners live on the wrong side of the Rockies. *Soaring's
been great in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and Southern California, to
mention a few.

Mike

Region 10 South is looking good. Check out flights on OLC U.S.A. for
5.31.09 and 6.7.09. If you're coming to the Regional at Brenham August
9-15, please leave the rain behind!

Bob DeLeon
Contest Director
Old June 14th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MP

On Jun 12, 9:54*pm, T8 wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:33*pm, "John Bojack" wrote:

Perry was mediocre.

Hmmmmm? *I thought Perry was a gas. *Guess I am easily amused :-).

Evan Ludeman / T8

second that - Perry rocked this year - 5 consecutive days
Old June 15th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Nope, I am NOT trading my Antares in just yet !
(Well, actually, its for sale to make room for the new Antares, too
many gliders)

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Dave -

I'd be happy to trade you the Cherokee, even up! Im currently basically
completely rebuilding the trailer, and installing a microair radio and
transponder that will make it among the most technologically advanced sub
25:1 gliders out there.

You know you've been missing that sinking feeling when you are out flying
100's of miles without turning. Plus its just not the same when you
can't hear the wood creak as you turn into a booming thermal.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old June 16th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jun 12, 9:33*pm, "John Bojack" wrote:
Can we all do a group hug, or something?

Perry was mediocre.
15m Nats got rained out.
Bermudah high had one good day, but did get a contest in with some rather
weak weather.
And finally, Caesar Creek had their typical rain-out to keep things going..

What have we done to deserve this?

I'm selling my glider and buying a bass boat! * Anybody want to trade me one
of them sparkley-bass boats for an LS-10? *I want a red one.

J4

A week from Summer solstice and the heat came on this morning. Maybe
you have a point....

-T8... wondering what he's doing in New Hampshire....
Old June 19th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spam

I believe in cycles.

The year before we had unbelievably dry days. Infact the lake in my
neighborhood completely dried out. Now, I'm cutting my grass twice a
week because it's rained so much.

Maybe next year will be a good one.