CN1 Locking up

Old November 15th 15, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default CN1 Locking up

I noticed in a recent post by 2NO that his ClearNav 1 had "locked up" a few times.
I have had a number of episodes where the display is running perfectly but will not
respond to any inputs from the hand-held controller (cannot change scale, wind, ballast, turn point,
or any of the other "ribbon" variables). Sometimes this clears up with a re-boot; sometimes
not.

Unit recently went back to Gary Kammerer for service, but he was unable to ascertain the
cause (no loose connections/cable faults). Any one else have this occur, or have any solutions?

Bill
Old November 16th 15, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 3:31:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I noticed in a recent post by 2NO that his ClearNav 1 had "locked up" a few times.
I have had a number of episodes where the display is running perfectly but will not
respond to any inputs from the hand-held controller (cannot change scale, wind, ballast, turn point,
or any of the other "ribbon" variables). Sometimes this clears up with a re-boot; sometimes
not.

Unit recently went back to Gary Kammerer for service, but he was unable to ascertain the
cause (no loose connections/cable faults). Any one else have this occur, or have any solutions?

Bill

Bill: please call Gary at your convenience. We'll take care of you.

-Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old November 21st 15, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 3:31:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I noticed in a recent post by 2NO that his ClearNav 1 had "locked up" a few times.
I have had a number of episodes where the display is running perfectly but will not
respond to any inputs from the hand-held controller (cannot change scale, wind, ballast, turn point,
or any of the other "ribbon" variables). Sometimes this clears up with a re-boot; sometimes
not.

Unit recently went back to Gary Kammerer for service, but he was unable to ascertain the
cause (no loose connections/cable faults). Any one else have this occur, or have any solutions?

Bill

Gary and Evan: Have re-installed ClearNav 1 and it seems to be working perfectly. I will let you know if it manifests the "locking up" problem.
Thank you for your attention to this matter-- I appreciate the customer service.
Bill

Astir Locking Collars Astir . Soaring 4 August 26th 13 10:20 AM
LS1 Tail locking spring Andrew[_9_] Soaring 7 September 24th 10 02:09 AM
90 degree locking pliers? B. Jensen Home Built 8 October 3rd 05 06:50 PM
New Wheel Locking Device TM Products 2 March 29th 05 04:07 PM
Looking for 3/8 in-24 thread/low profile self locking nuts/ Larry Home Built 3 February 22nd 05 03:02 PM