Mating AS-W20 A wings to a C fuselage Anyone done this?

Old October 28th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Mating AS-W20 A wings to a C fuselage Anyone done this?

If you have, I would like to discuss it with you.

MarkGrubb(at)aol.com

661.557.0673
Old October 28th 15, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

I haven't done this, but my former TW (SN 360) had received a C-fuselage when it was owned by Martin Heide, and I had bought it like this. Schleicher has issued a technical note on this (it's an approved modification), so best would be to talk to them.
You'll get the best of two world's - the advantages of the C fuse, and the 55 deg flaps. The C wins offer no advantage whatsoever.

Bert
Ventus cM TW

Old October 28th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 5:27:50 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
What are the advantages of a C fuselage?

Hydraulic wheel brake, tilt up panel, auto connect elevator.
UH
Old October 29th 15, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 2:15:54 PM UTC-4, Tango Whisky wrote:
I haven't done this, but my former TW (SN 360) had received a C-fuselage when it was owned by Martin Heide, and I had bought it like this. Schleicher has issued a technical note on this (it's an approved modification), so best would be to talk to them.
You'll get the best of two world's - the advantages of the C fuse, and the 55 deg flaps. The C wins offer no advantage whatsoever.

Bert
Ventus cM TW

what benefit are you hoping to gain having "A" wings, instead of "C" wings? why not just get a "C"? I have a "C" and it rips. the mod is alot of work for probably VERY little difference. the only reason I'd take the time is if I had two wrecks that I could piece together economically.
Old October 29th 15, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Am Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015 13:26:39 UTC+1 schrieb ND:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 2:15:54 PM UTC-4, Tango Whisky wrote:
I haven't done this, but my former TW (SN 360) had received a C-fuselage when it was owned by Martin Heide, and I had bought it like this. Schleicher has issued a technical note on this (it's an approved modification), so best would be to talk to them.
You'll get the best of two world's - the advantages of the C fuse, and the 55 deg flaps. The C wins offer no advantage whatsoever.

Bert
Ventus cM TW

what benefit are you hoping to gain having "A" wings, instead of "C" wings? why not just get a "C"? I have a "C" and it rips. the mod is alot of work for probably VERY little difference. the only reason I'd take the time is if I had two wrecks that I could piece together economically.

Yep. It only makes sense if you have an A-model with a fuselage damaged beyond repair.
Old November 20th 15, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Tango Whisky wrote on 10/28/2015 11:15 AM:
I haven't done this, but my former TW (SN 360) had received a
C-fuselage when it was owned by Martin Heide, and I had bought it
like this. Schleicher has issued a technical note on this (it's an
approved modification), so best would be to talk to them. You'll get
the best of two world's - the advantages of the C fuse, and the 55
deg flaps. The C wins offer no advantage whatsoever.

I had a C model for 11 years, and was under the impression the wings
were slightly different from the "A" wings, mainly to improve resistance
to spinning.

How would the C fuselage provide 55 degree flaps? I think the mechanism
is all in the fuselage, not in the wings.

email me)

Old November 23rd 15, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Am Samstag, 21. November 2015 00:11:10 UTC+1 schrieb Eric Greenwell:
Tango Whisky wrote on 10/28/2015 11:15 AM:
I haven't done this, but my former TW (SN 360) had received a
C-fuselage when it was owned by Martin Heide, and I had bought it
like this. Schleicher has issued a technical note on this (it's an
approved modification), so best would be to talk to them. You'll get
the best of two world's - the advantages of the C fuse, and the 55
deg flaps. The C wins offer no advantage whatsoever.

I had a C model for 11 years, and was under the impression the wings
were slightly different from the "A" wings, mainly to improve resistance
to spinning.

How would the C fuselage provide 55 degree flaps? I think the mechanism
is all in the fuselage, not in the wings.

email me)

Well, I don't know how it is done in detail, but my ASW20 had a C-fuselage, the A-wings and 55 deg flaps. I guess that you can adjust the mixer to give 55 deg on the flaps.

The C-wings have no advantage whatsoever, and they are certainly not more spin resistent. I have flown an ASW20C with CG near the aft limit, and it was a bitch.
Old November 23rd 15, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 2:53:33 AM UTC-5, Tango Whisky wrote:
[...]

C is slightly better at high speed from my experience. I owned both and test flew them against each other.
UH