Pater Masak sold sealing supplies

Old November 21st 15, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Pater Masak sold sealing supplies

Years ago Peter Masak had a business selling glider sealing supplies. One item he offered was a very thin weather stripping. I have not been able to find this stripping anywhere. Does anyone know where to get the weather stripping Peter offered?
Old November 21st 15, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I don't know where Peter obtained his supplies, but I found a source for thin good quality open cell foam weather strip from my local hobby store. It is used to cushion the wing fuselage junction in model aircraft, and is distributed by Sig aircraft. It will usually last a full season. It comes in little packets of about three feet and is not cheap.
Dale Bush
Old November 21st 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert M

I have successfully used the Ace hardware store brand of foam tape.

Tight Fit Foam Tape Open Cell
3/16 (4.7mm) thick, 3/8 (9.5mm) wide 17 ft. (5 M) long. Pn 51272

It compresses down to almost nothing. Works great on canopies that fit well. Thicker and wider versions are available.

Robert Mudd
Composite Aircraft Repair
Moriarty, New Mexico

Old November 22nd 15, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
[...]

Try this link McMaster Carr 1/16"

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-ru...strips/=zx624d

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 22nd 15, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Thanks Richard, great resource, but still not the open cell weather strip I was looking for. But thank you!

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 6:33:59 AM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
[...]

Wikipedia:Peter Masak Doug Haluza Soaring 6 January 17th 07 05:38 PM
Ventus C Masak Winglets hans Soaring 6 August 25th 06 08:11 AM
Masak winglet info John Ferguson Soaring 0 December 6th 05 10:49 PM
Peter Carl Masak, an insight F.L. Whiteley Soaring 1 June 29th 04 05:15 PM
Peter Masak killed in 15 Meter Nationals crash Jim Soaring 14 June 5th 04 04:01 AM