A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

News on AIR COM radio ?

Old December 9th 16, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ludovic[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default News on AIR COM radio ?

Hi

The AIR COM radio and Display are very attractive on the paper:
http://www.air-store.eu/epages/AIRSt...22AIR%20COM%22

But the release date has I think been shifted several times, so I'm wondering what the reason may be ?
There isn't much in terms of technical details, in particular power consumption in receive, transmit or standby.

I'm tempted by a pre-order but I'm wondering if any of you have any information on that ?

Regards
Ludovic
Old December 9th 16, 10:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I recently had asked them about progress and they said that they had to delay release because they are still fiddling with some details and (mainly) certification. They assured me that they will be ready long before the new radios get mandatory.
Old December 9th 16, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw
external usenet poster

I think they have delays because of EASA bureacracy, but maybe Marc will confirm this. Last time I talked to them they had huge amount of preorders waiting (mine incl.).

I have the new AIR Traffic display since this summer and it uses same display/control unit as COM. I can confirm it is up to their normal quality standards, the display is just fabulous.