Maule has no performance?

Old October 9th 05, 12:51 AM
Jim Logajan

Matt Whiting wrote:
OK, I confess that I don't know what TMI is. Can you enlighten me?

TMI appears to be: Too much information.

Looks to be yet another TLA.
Old October 9th 05, 01:12 AM
Matt Whiting

Jim Logajan wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

OK, I confess that I don't know what TMI is. Can you enlighten me?

TMI appears to be: Too much information.

Looks to be yet another TLA.

OK, that makes sense and fits the context. Yes, TLAs can be a pain if
you aren't familiar with them.

Then again, I rarely feel I have too much information. :-)

Matt
Old October 9th 05, 04:29 AM
Michelle P

My observers have said the same thing. I am fine at the end of a 3-3.5
hour run and they are dying. The key is pacing one's liquid intake.
Michelle

Matt Whiting wrote:

Michelle P wrote:

Jose,
I started with eighty gallons of fuel. I was flying at six or eight
thousand feet. Between 75% and 65% power. This puts fuel consumption
is about 11.5 GPH. This gives me seven (6.95) hours endurance. I went
six. With still nearly an hour of fuel left.

You must have the long range bladder option as well. :-) I've found
4.5 hours to be about my limit.

Matt

Old October 9th 05, 10:31 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:28:37 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote:

I remember that one of the aviation magazines some years ago had a
"test" done on several ways to obtain inflight relief.

Did they test the gas sampler?

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old December 3rd 16, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Maule has no performance?

Michelle:

I also have a M-7-235B, 2005. I get about 15gph with 2300/23 typically around 3,000' mostly short trips. This gives me an IAS of 125k with -7degrees flaps.

Of course, I'm looking at waysd to try and get better than 15gph. What settings are you typically using?

Thanks, Garry

On Saturday, October 8, 2005 at 1:35:25 PM UTC-4, Michelle P wrote:
Brad,
I have done it because it can. I plan for 15 Gal/hour and it flies about
12.5 gal/hour according to the Shadin Fuel Flow. I still had 10 gallons
left upon landing. about 45 minutes. I like to have an hour in the tank
when I land. I have pushed it to 45 minutes if necessary.
Michelle ( girl)

Brad Salai wrote:

"Michelle P" wrote in message
link.net...

. I have run the aircraft for 6 hours strait

without stopping with a favorable tail wind.

I'm glad I didn't say that. And in THIS group, boy are you going to get it.
You better brace yourself!

Brad