A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Good 15 m Cobra trailer needed urgent

Old May 3rd 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner
external usenet poster

Default Good 15 m Cobra trailer needed urgent

Dear RAS friends,

My nice Cobra trailer just got whacked on the freeway. I'm trying to sort out what my options are. I think the trailer has enough damage that it wouldn't be economic to repair. Moreover, May is peak season here in Arizona; so waiting for somebody to order parts from Germany and goof around with it for a few months, seems like a really bad plan.

Ideally I'd like to discover that there's a nice newish Cobra trailer that would properly fit my ASW-27 siting somewhere that's available for sale not too far away. That's a long shot for sure. I'll likely need to consider less ideal remedies.

If anyone has a line on a nice trailer, suggest using 'reply to author' as the ensuing discussion probably wouldn't be of interest to others.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Koerner

Facts for the curious:
SUV driver one or two lanes over apparently didn't notice that traffic was slowing ahead. He went into crazy fishtailing when he tried to stop and slammed into the right side of my trailer. The glider wings were both slightly damaged but not badly considering what my trailer looks like. Nobody was injured. The SUV driver was cited at the scene for unsafe lane change (definite understatement). Blipmap shows 700 FPM to 14,000 today -- damn it.

Old May 4th 14, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

Just to confirm that Stupid Season has started. On the way back from the airport yesterday, I had to pull off the road and come to a stop because the car in front of me decided to back up the interstate exit ramp.
Old May 6th 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 5:08:44 PM UTC-4, Steve Koerner wrote:
Dear RAS friends,

My nice Cobra trailer just got whacked on the freeway. I'm trying to sort out what my options are. I think the trailer has enough damage that it wouldn't be economic to repair. Moreover, May is peak season here in Arizona; so waiting for somebody to order parts from Germany and goof around with it for a few months, seems like a really bad plan.

Ideally I'd like to discover that there's a nice newish Cobra trailer that would properly fit my ASW-27 siting somewhere that's available for sale not too far away. That's a long shot for sure. I'll likely need to consider less ideal remedies.

If anyone has a line on a nice trailer, suggest using 'reply to author' as the ensuing discussion probably wouldn't be of interest to others.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Koerner

Facts for the curious:

SUV driver one or two lanes over apparently didn't notice that traffic was slowing ahead. He went into crazy fishtailing when he tried to stop and slammed into the right side of my trailer. The glider wings were both slightly damaged but not badly considering what my trailer looks like. Nobody was injured. The SUV driver was cited at the scene for unsafe lane change (definite understatement). Blipmap shows 700 FPM to 14,000 today -- damn it.