MiG-29 crash on take off

Old September 14th 04, 06:31 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...
"Iwan Bogels" wrote in message
| Do you know what happens to pilots who try to impress the camera crew,
| waiting half way the runway for a spectacular take-off shot ? Well,

look
| for yourself at http://www.dappa.nl/crash.htm.
|
| Don't worry about any blood stains or casualties, there is only going to
be
| material damage and a pilot with a severely brused ego.
|
| For those who are interested, we are collecting aviation mishap,

accident
| and crash video footage for personal use. If you have another video clip
for
| us, or if you can point us in the right direction on where to find it,

we
| would appreciate to hear from you. Our address is .
|
| Aviation minded greetings,
|
| Iwan

I wonder if the ejection seat failed as well ......

....hardly seems like a MiG demo without firing the bang seat.
--
Dave Kearton

It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat unless
absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride" due potential for
compression injuries to their back. This observation based on my ~ 40 years
FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Old September 14th 04, 08:23 AM
Dave Kearton

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

| It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat unless
| absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride" due potential
for
| compression injuries to their back. This observation based on my ~ 40
years
| FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
| Ralph Nesbitt
| Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Undoubtedly Ralph, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my earlier comments.
I wouldn't wish a non-essential ejection upon anybody.

Classic story was told on this newsgroup a few months ago, my apologies to
the original poster who saw it happen and could explain it better that I.

Apparently after the Farnborough crash, where one MiG 29 collided with
another during a spectacular display, both ejected and left their aircraft,
relatively unharmed.

When rescue crews reached the pilots, who had landed fairly close together,
the 'innocent' pilot was seen to be beating the living suitcase out of the
'guilty' pilot.

"aaah Comrade, let me help you with your dental plan..."

Wish I was there.

I have no idea what a professional FD/CFR/ARFF person does at work, I'm
sure that it's important. ;-)

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old September 14th 04, 08:23 PM
John Mullen

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

| It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat
unless
| absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride" due potential
for
| compression injuries to their back. This observation based on my ~ 40
years
| FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
| Ralph Nesbitt
| Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Undoubtedly Ralph, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my earlier comments.
I wouldn't wish a non-essential ejection upon anybody.

Classic story was told on this newsgroup a few months ago, my apologies
the original poster who saw it happen and could explain it better that I.

Apparently after the Farnborough crash, where one MiG 29 collided with
another during a spectacular display, both ejected and left their
aircraft,
relatively unharmed.

When rescue crews reached the pilots, who had landed fairly close
together,
the 'innocent' pilot was seen to be beating the living suitcase out of the
'guilty' pilot.

"aaah Comrade, let me help you with your dental plan..."

Wish I was there.

I wasn't there either but from the footage it certainly does not look like
they landed anywhere near each other. Neither does any of the footage show
them 'beating the living suitcase' out of each other.

Urban myth?

John

Old September 14th 04, 11:26 PM
James Hart

John Mullen wrote:
"Dave Kearton"
wrote in message ...
[...]

Wasn't this the crash where one of the pilots was up on his feet and
lighting up a fag before the safety crews were anywhere near him? or was
that a different Russian display, er, mishap.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old September 15th 04, 12:39 AM
John Mullen

"James Hart" wrote in message
John Mullen wrote:
"Dave Kearton"
wrote in message ...
[...]

I loved that shot too!

Wasn't it at Fairford rather than Farnborough? Or are we talking about two
separate incidents?

John

Old September 15th 04, 01:01 AM
Dave Kearton

"John Mullen" wrote in message

| I loved that shot too!
|
| Wasn't it at Fairford rather than Farnborough? Or are we talking about two
| separate incidents?
|
| John

Correctamundo - I knew I'd screw it up somewhere ....

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old September 15th 04, 01:30 AM
Krztalizer

| Wasn't it at Fairford rather than Farnborough? Or are we talking about two
| separate incidents?
|
| John

Correctamundo - I knew I'd screw it up somewhere ....

Wasn't it actually Colonel Olds?

yfG
Old September 15th 04, 01:33 AM
Dave Kearton

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

| | Wasn't it at Fairford rather than Farnborough? Or are we talking about
two
| | separate incidents?
| |
| | John
|

| Correctamundo - I knew I'd screw it up somewhere ....
|
| Wasn't it actually Colonel Olds?
|

| yfG

The two MiG pilots were secretly trained in Germany prior to the end of the
war (insert pitot tube here)

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old September 15th 04, 05:55 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

| It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat

unless
| absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride" due potential
for
| compression injuries to their back. This observation based on my ~ 40
years
| FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
| Ralph Nesbitt
| Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Undoubtedly Ralph, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my earlier comments.
I wouldn't wish a non-essential ejection upon anybody.

Classic story was told on this newsgroup a few months ago, my apologies

the original poster who saw it happen and could explain it better that I.

Apparently after the Farnborough crash, where one MiG 29 collided with
another during a spectacular display, both ejected and left their

aircraft,
relatively unharmed.

When rescue crews reached the pilots, who had landed fairly close

together,
the 'innocent' pilot was seen to be beating the living suitcase out of the
'guilty' pilot.

"aaah Comrade, let me help you with your dental plan..."

Wish I was there.

I have no idea what a professional FD/CFR/ARFF person does at work, I'm
sure that it's important. ;-)

FD: Fire Dept
CFR: Crash Fire Rescue
ARFF: A/C Rescue & Fire Fighter

Why Professional? After ~ 40 years I stay home & get paid the first of each
month.

Old September 15th 04, 10:12 AM
Dave Kearton

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

| FD: Fire Dept
| CFR: Crash Fire Rescue
| ARFF: A/C Rescue & Fire Fighter
|
| Why Professional? After ~ 40 years I stay home & get paid the first of
each
| month.
|

| Ralph Nesbitt
| Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Aaahh that makes much more sense - thanks for the education. I
thought it was a canine thing .....

FD: Find Dog

CFR: Can't Find Retrievers

ARFF: Don't worry, the dog's found me.