Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip on wet Runway..............Crash Video

Old June 26th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip on wet Runway..............Crash Video

Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
crash:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

Old June 27th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The C-130 crash is what happens with over rotation.

I've never seen the video before, but from my experience it looks like he
pulled back on the stick WAY too far and it stalled.

I recently practiced some short and soft field take offs and landings, in
the short and soft field you should take off ASAP but stay in ground effect
until you reach climbing speed, then pull the nose up to climb attitude.

JMHO

oups.com...

Old June 28th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hans wrote:
Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
crash:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

No not China. It happened 6th June at Medellin; I thought you could
tell by the background )

The plane was headed for Miami, and was full of flowers. The pilots
have been temporarily furloughed, I hear...

Ramapriya

Old June 28th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:
Hans wrote:
Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
crash:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

No not China. It happened 6th June at Medellin; I thought you could
tell by the background )

The plane was headed for Miami, and was full of flowers. The pilots
have been temporarily furloughed, I hear...

Ramapriya

Wow! Looked like an expensive over-run.

Monk

Runway ID Lakeview Bill Piloting 55 October 18th 05 12:53 AM
Difficult Strips C J Campbell Piloting 6 August 11th 04 08:04 PM
Olancha, CA Landing Strip -- Worsening Condition Steve Pawling Soaring 3 July 9th 04 02:13 PM
Off topic - Landing of a B-17 Ghost Home Built 2 October 28th 03 04:35 PM