Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old July 27th 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_3_]

Default Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc

Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:52:34 GMT, wrote:

I never said I couldnt, as usuall you have missed the point..........
The groups agreed upon charter has been that yEnc is not wanted in
this group. Period.... Yet you folks just dont have the common
courtesy to respect that....... You keep throwing up this Oh this
yEnc thing is the greatest thing since whatever crap when all along
all weve asked was that people post in a basic format that everyone
here can enjoy without having to jump thru hoops to do it...... Id of
answered this earlier, but your in my OE Kill File and I happened to
see this when I checked up on a image for a friend that doesnt do
yEnc.... That is corrected now here too....

I don't know if you're replying to me or to whom, but I'll say this
much. I don't claim to know much about the yEnc advantage other than
file size--I generally don't get that worked up pro or con about ANY
hardware or software. What I do know is that I'D have to "jump thru
hoops" to batch post files in the non-yEnc way. I'd have to learn
somerthing new and do something new, which is exactly what YOU seem to
want to AVOID doing. If you think that when I post files I'm also
going to put effort into spoon-feeding them to you, guess again. And
from what I can see in the posts, there is nothing even approaching
consensus in this group regarding yEnc. It is also false to claim
that UU encoding is a "basic" format. It is encoding, just like yEnc
is--it just happens to be older.

Like I said, it really doesn't affect me or anybody else if my
pictures aren't viewed by absolutely everyone. They're just pictures.
I've learned to actually lift a finger and more when I want something
bad enough--I really don't have the mentality of being waited on, but
I see that the entitlement mentality is alive and well among some
here.

(Aside: historians and anthropologists have now shown beyond a doubt
that a division of opinion on yEnc was the original reason for the
split between Shiites and Sunni.)

I've been involved in this issue for less than a week, and my
involvement in any further discussion ends now.

Well put!
Old July 28th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

(Aside: historians and anthropologists have now shown beyond a doubt
that a division of opinion on yEnc was the original reason for the
split between Shiites and Sunni.)

There is growing evidence that the argument is also responsible for Global
Warming and the demise of the dinosaurs. Rosie O'Donnell, however, still
has only herself to blame...

Bob ^,,^
Old July 28th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Bob Harrington wrote in
:

Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

(Aside: historians and anthropologists have now shown beyond a doubt
that a division of opinion on yEnc was the original reason for the
split between Shiites and Sunni.)

There is growing evidence that the argument is also responsible for
Global Warming and the demise of the dinosaurs. Rosie O'Donnell,
however, still has only herself to blame...

Bob ^,,^

To bad you can't use yEnc to cmpress her fat ass and her big open sore of a
mouth
Old July 28th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Clairbear wrote:
Bob Harrington wrote in
:

Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

(Aside: historians and anthropologists have now shown beyond a doubt
that a division of opinion on yEnc was the original reason for the
split between Shiites and Sunni.)

There is growing evidence that the argument is also responsible for
Global Warming and the demise of the dinosaurs. Rosie O'Donnell,
however, still has only herself to blame...

Bob ^,,^

To bad you can't use yEnc to cmpress her fat ass and her big open sore of a
mouth

She's had her 15 minutes and now she's done.

PTL!
Old July 29th 07, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

This is another Russell and I think anyone who is arrogant enough not to do
what was agreed for the group to do and think that they are above what was
agreed on shows an extremely poor attitude. It was ruled not to use yEnc so
that all can have the pleasure to view the pics not just a select few. So
why bother posting them if you intended for people not to see them?

"Bert-Jan" wrote in message
Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

Old July 29th 07, 05:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:03:53 +0800, "Russell"
wrote:

This is another Russell and I think anyone who is arrogant enough not to do
what was agreed for the group to do and think that they are above what was
agreed on shows an extremely poor attitude.

I'm giving what I got. Expect to get what you give.

It was ruled not to use yEnc so
that all can have the pleasure to view the pics not just a select few.

It was NOT "ruled". They're clearly labeled guidelines. Do you know
the difference?

So
why bother posting them if you intended for people not to see them?

I intended for everybody to see them, but if they can't, that's just
too bad. Like I said, I'll live, and they'll live.
Old July 29th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Russell" wrote in
u:

This is another Russell and I think anyone who is arrogant enough not
to do what was agreed for the group to do and think that they are
above what was agreed on shows an extremely poor attitude. It was
ruled not to use yEnc so that all can have the pleasure to view the
pics not just a select few. So why bother posting them if you intended
for people not to see them?

I seeems to me that with all the arguement and flaming going back and forth
about it, that you assertion of an agreement is a little in error.
the only agreement apparent is that those who don't like yEnc spit fire at
those who agree to disagree the anti-yEncers. Any alledged rules are
inenforcable. The only sanction is fo you to complain and KF those who use
it.
Old August 1st 07, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

People like you ruin the group. You seem to put a lot of effert into trying
to defend your yEnc why bother. I have looked into this group for over 10
years and from time to time I post some pics. Back then it was agreed on
how to post. When yEnc came on the scene it was decided to discourage it as
everybody will not be able to see them except only a few. So why bother
posting? It again shows that you do not intend to share your pictures with
the group as a whole but rather to a select few. In religious terms the yEnc
people would be called a cult.

yEnc also discourages others from posting as why should they bother when
what is being flood into the group can't be seen by them.

You have a very selfish and immature attitude and unfortunately you flood us
with this garbage. It does not benefit the group at all.

Old August 2nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P50[_2_]

"Russell" wrote in message
u...

SNIP
In religious terms the yEnc people would be called a cult.

WTF? A cult? Next you'll be saying the Aliens are making them do it!
At least keep it rational.