Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old July 25th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise

Default Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 Corsair.jpg (69.8 KB, 42 views)
Old July 25th 07, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

Is this Corsair pic any good? If so could someone post it please as a normal
pic.

Old July 25th 07, 09:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Here ya go Russell. Dallas
"russell" wrote in message
Is this Corsair pic any good? If so could someone post it please as a
normal
pic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 Corsair.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	14796
Old July 25th 07, 09:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MaXiLeeCH

Here ya go.

--

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF

"russell" wrote in message
Is this Corsair pic any good? If so could someone post it please as a
normal
pic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12%20Corsair.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	14797
Old July 25th 07, 11:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lurker[_2_]

Default Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc - "12 Corsair-1.jpg" 64.8 KBytes

--
Lurker
/)/)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 Corsair-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	14798
Old July 25th 07, 12:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

Thanks people. I love a good Corsair picture.

Old July 25th 07, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:02:05 +1000, "russell" wrote:

Is this Corsair pic any good? If so could someone post it please as a normal
pic.

It was the worst of the lot since the plane was about a mile away.
Even at 300mm digital (about 450 film), with 10 megapixels, and
leaning forward at the waist, that's about all the quality I could
get. I'm simply amazed at how good the pic is since the plane was just
a tiny part of the image (you can never have enough megapixels), but
this was the one pic I though long and hard about before posting. If
Corsairs didn't look so cool, it wouldn't have gotten posted. I'll
try to get you a better one, and I'll post it non-yEnc'ed for you.
Old July 26th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Dallas" wrote in

Here ya go Russell. Dallas
"russell" wrote in message
Is this Corsair pic any good? If so could someone post it please as a
normal
pic.

begin 666 12 Corsair.jpg

Attachment saved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\Xnews\12 Corsair.jpg `
end

Nice photo
But one question were. you one of the spanish inquisitioners who was
railing against the use of yenc and now you are posting with it?
no offense meant just curious
Old July 27th 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Today at Oshkosh [13/34] - "12 Corsair.jpg" yEnc

I never said I couldnt, as usuall you have missed the point.......... The
groups agreed upon charter has been that yEnc is not wanted in this group.
Period.... Yet you folks just dont have the common courtesy to respect
that....... You keep throwing up this Oh this yEnc thing is the greatest
thing since whatever crap when all along all weve asked was that people
post in a basic format that everyone here can enjoy without having to jump
thru hoops to do it...... Id of answered this earlier, but your in my OE
Kill File and I happened to see this when I checked up on a image for a
friend that doesnt do yEnc.... That is corrected now here too....
Old July 27th 07, 02:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:52:34 GMT, wrote:

I never said I couldnt, as usuall you have missed the point.......... The
groups agreed upon charter has been that yEnc is not wanted in this group.
Period.... Yet you folks just dont have the common courtesy to respect
that....... You keep throwing up this Oh this yEnc thing is the greatest
thing since whatever crap when all along all weve asked was that people
post in a basic format that everyone here can enjoy without having to jump
thru hoops to do it...... Id of answered this earlier, but your in my OE
Kill File and I happened to see this when I checked up on a image for a
friend that doesnt do yEnc.... That is corrected now here too....

I don't know if you're replying to me or to whom, but I'll say this
much. I don't claim to know much about the yEnc advantage other than
file size--I generally don't get that worked up pro or con about ANY
hardware or software. What I do know is that I'D have to "jump thru
hoops" to batch post files in the non-yEnc way. I'd have to learn
somerthing new and do something new, which is exactly what YOU seem to
want to AVOID doing. If you think that when I post files I'm also
going to put effort into spoon-feeding them to you, guess again. And
from what I can see in the posts, there is nothing even approaching
consensus in this group regarding yEnc. It is also false to claim
that UU encoding is a "basic" format. It is encoding, just like yEnc
is--it just happens to be older.

Like I said, it really doesn't affect me or anybody else if my
pictures aren't viewed by absolutely everyone. They're just pictures.
I've learned to actually lift a finger and more when I want something
bad enough--I really don't have the mentality of being waited on, but
I see that the entitlement mentality is alive and well among some
here.

(Aside: historians and anthropologists have now shown beyond a doubt
that a division of opinion on yEnc was the original reason for the
split between Shiites and Sunni.)

I've been involved in this issue for less than a week, and my
involvement in any further discussion ends now.