Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 16th 04, 02:59 PM
Chicken Bone

Default Pilot's Political Orientation

Flightinfo.com asked for pilots political orientation.

Results:

Democrat 22.97%
Republican 57.24%
Ind. 19.79%

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...threadid=21699

--
Liberalism is Communism one drink at a time. - P.J. O'Rourke

Old April 16th 04, 03:34 PM
Tony Cox

"Chicken Bone" wrote in message
news.com...
Flightinfo.com asked for pilots political orientation.

Results:

Democrat 22.97%
Republican 57.24%
Ind. 19.79%

I suspect the results would have been more illuminating had
they included the Libertarians and Greens as options.

Old April 16th 04, 03:39 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
link.net...

I suspect the results would have been more illuminating had
they included the Libertarians and Greens as options.

How so? They'd both be included in the 19.79% that voted independent.

Old April 16th 04, 03:52 PM
Tony Cox

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
link.net...

I suspect the results would have been more illuminating had
they included the Libertarians and Greens as options.

How so? They'd both be included in the 19.79% that voted independent.

Because "Ind." it isn't "Independent", its "Individual candidates/issues".
In any case, I don't think of the Libs or Greens "independent."

I'd have expected those who chose Libertarian would be
a substantially higher proportion than the general population and the
Greens substantially lower. Pilots are a self-reliant independent bunch,
keen on driving machines whose gas consumption puts SUV's to
shame.

Old April 16th 04, 03:57 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
link.net...

Because "Ind." it isn't "Independent", its "Individual candidates/issues".

Big deal. Isn't an Independent a person that votes for individual
candidates and/or issues? The choices in this poll are essentially
Democrat, Republican, and Other.

Old April 16th 04, 04:57 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

Tony Cox wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I suspect the results would have been more illuminating had
they included the Libertarians and Greens as options.

How so? They'd both be included in the 19.79% that voted independent.

Because "Ind." it isn't "Independent", its "Individual candidates/issues".
In any case, I don't think of the Libs or Greens "independent."

I'd have expected those who chose Libertarian would be
a substantially higher proportion than the general population and the
Greens substantially lower. Pilots are a self-reliant independent bunch,

Sounds to me like pilots are a lot like farmers, sqawking for the gumbit
to cut their taxes and stay out of their "self-reliant" way, while
refusing to acknowledge (even to themselves) the massive government
spending, protection, and subsidies that make their activity
economically feasible.

(ducking)

Old April 16th 04, 05:40 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"TTA Cherokee Driver" wrote in message

Sounds to me like pilots are a lot like farmers, sqawking for the gumbit
to cut their taxes and stay out of their "self-reliant" way, while
refusing to acknowledge (even to themselves) the massive government
spending, protection, and subsidies that make their activity
economically feasible.

What is this massive government spending, protection, and subsidy that makes
flying economically feasible and what is the source?

Old April 16th 04, 06:04 PM
John Harlow

Chicken Bone wrote:
Flightinfo.com asked for pilots political orientation.

Weak troll, it's not hard to get this group riled up over politics.

What difference does political affiliation make anyway? People can still
have decent qualities despite being republicans.

----

Old April 16th 04, 06:09 PM
Bill Denton

How much did you pay the FAA last year, other than the same amount that
non-flyers in your tax bracket paid?

ink.net...

Old April 16th 04, 06:15 PM

In rec.aviation.owning Chicken Bone wrote:
Flightinfo.com asked for pilots political orientation.

Results:

Democrat 22.97%
Republican 57.24%
Ind. 19.79%

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...threadid=21699

--
Liberalism is Communism one drink at a time. - P.J. O'Rourke

If you are under thirty and aren't a Democrat, you have no heart.

If you are over thirty and aren't a Republican, you have no brain.

Or so I've been told...

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.