Oudie Cable

Old June 8th 12, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default Oudie Cable

Just curious, does anyone know the pinout for the USB connector on the
Oudie. I'm assuming that the Rs-232 signal will have to be converted to a
TTL signal using a max-232 converter or similar, but I've not found the
connector specs anywhere yet.

Thanks

Peter

Old June 14th 12, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sverre Eplov

You could ask Vladimir from www.glidertools.org, he makes USB/Serial
cables for the Oudie. I have one, works perfectly.

/Sverre

Old June 14th 12, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Neave[_2_]

Pinout for USB mini-b can be found at...

http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

Note Pin "X" on this pinout, (Pin 4 by normal convention) needs to be
connected to 3.3v.
This is a "Sense" pin and tells the Oudie that the USB port should act as
an old fashioned Serial (RS232) port.
(Same is true for the WayteQ PNAs that look very similar to the Oudie)

Yes you will need a Max 3232 or similar level converter

Good luck with finding a USB cable with all 5 wires connected.

Regards

Kevin

Old June 14th 12, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This is useful information, but I keep wondering why no one has made a standard cable for the Power Flarm/Oudie pair? This seems like a natural -- both are becoming popular, and the Oudie box contains several cable alternatives, and one of them specifies it is for the "Swiss Flarm," but no one seems to have published the Power Flarm/Oudie connection. Or created a cable for the pair. A pity. Fred
Old June 14th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:14:23 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
This is useful information, but I keep wondering why no one has made a standard cable for the Power Flarm/Oudie pair? This seems like a natural -- both are becoming popular, and the Oudie box contains several cable alternatives, and one of them specifies it is for the "Swiss Flarm," but no one seems to have published the Power Flarm/Oudie connection. Or created a cable for the pair. A pity. Fred

PowerFLARM uses the same pinout as other FLARM devices. No special cable is needed.
Old June 14th 12, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Fred,

The standard Oudie power/data cable has an RJ45 connector on it that is
wired for connection directly to the RJ45 connector on the PowerFLARM.

I have many custom cables in stock for connecting the PowerFLARM Brick
and/or Portable to a ClearNav or PDA or LX9000. Many of them are not on my
web site yet, so please call to ask if you need a PowerFLARM cable.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old June 15th 12, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C-FFKQ (42)

Sorry, Sverre... it's:
www.glidertools.com
Old June 15th 12, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had a great conversation with Paul last night about how to make this work.. It really is not as hard as I was making it (which should not come as a surprise) and Paul was very generous with his time and knowledge. Turns out I was using the correct connection but didn't have the software setup done right.

Thanks, Paul, for getting me set up. I haven't tried it yet since my cable is in my glider, which is not here right now, but I have made the software changes in the Oudie and Power Flarm. Fred

Oudie for sale, Goddard PS5a-1 cable for sale Sean Fidler Soaring 3 April 3rd 12 02:51 PM
Oudie and 302 Stephen[_3_] Soaring 9 November 2nd 11 05:07 AM
Can anyone help, PLEASE - searching for zip-cord (aka: mono-cord, speaker wire, shooting wire, dbl hookup, rainbow cable, ribbon cable) Striker Cat Home Built 6 October 15th 04 08:51 PM
Can anyone help, PLEASE - searching for zip-cord (aka: mono-cord, speaker wire, shooting wire, dbl hookup, rainbow cable, ribbon cable) Striker Cat General Aviation 0 October 12th 04 05:11 PM