Fastglasair's plane

Old July 15th 03, 05:01 AM
Fastglasair

Default Fastglasair's plane

Don't worry about fastglasair. The ******* is a lying sack of shingles. He
raised holy hell with me about carrying a concealed weapon in California on
an
Arizona permit. When I told him that if I saw the weapon, I'd probably call
911, he went ballistic.
Today I received a package of targets I'm supposed to wear on my chest in the
vicinity of my heart (according to his instructions). The man is one bubble
off level. In addition to being an aerodynamic and propulsion zero,

the clown is one step
beyond reality.

Shine this thread on.

Jim

I don't know whats with you Jim. A week ago I asked you about Ground Planes in
Plastic Airplanes and now I get this. What did I do to deserve this. If this is
how you treat "Newbies" I'm out of here, Between you and "Bob", it's not worth
the hastle.

Thats a pretty slanderous statement you made about me. I don't even own a
handgun, only hunting rifles. Maybe you need to check yourself into the Grass
Valley Psych clinic.

Old July 16th 03, 11:47 AM
MikeremlaP

STOP!

Mr. Weir wrote:

Don't worry about fastglasair. [He] is a lying sack of shingles. He
raised holy hell with me about carrying a concealed weapon in
California on an Arizona permit.

The man is one bubble off level.

Boy, talk about libel -

To quote someone from this newsgroup, "What an ignorant jerk. Not only do you
continue the libel and slander, you ADD to it."

Mr. Weir has unfortunately targeted and murdered the wrong man. What you all
don't know is that the person Mr. Weir is belittling asked a simple question
about rules as it applied to flying to the Grass Valley Airfest. But for one,
Fastglasair's plane is not flying yet. (Read his posts.) Whereas our Glasair
is. Second, Fastglasair does not live in Arizona, whereas I do. Third,
Fastglasair's name is not the same as mine, and I signed my e-mails and letter
to Mr. Weir. For you see, *** I *** am the man Mr. Weir is exercised about.

It's not my intent to air our laundry here. Mostly, I just want to save
Fastglasair from further libel.

I caution you all there are two sides to every story. [The beginning of the
story is that I (incorrectly) thought Mr. Weir had been a Sheriff and asked him
about California law concerning collapsible batons. I carry an ASP for
self-defense. They're legal in Arizona and I've taken the same certified
instruction as police officers. I NEVER said anything about carrying concealed
- why would I have asked about their legality if I was going to carry
concealed? And I didn't go "ballistic." Rather, I was saddened by Mr. Weir's
attitude toward concerned citizens.] I suppose if anyone is interested in the
other side of the story, they can e-mail me and I'll send unedited copies of
the e-mails back and forth so they can judge for themselves.

As for me raising "holy hell," well, as I've said before, I'm a Christian man.
I'll not respond to that allegation except to say there's lots of data in this
newsgroup for you all to judge yourself as to who usually invokes hell. To
quote my Lord, "wisdom is proved right by all her children." (BTW - hell is
not "holy.")

As for the "targets" I sent Mr. Weir - actually, they're cute shirt buttons and
come under the heading of "Political Satire." I had a bunch made and send them
to anti-gun groups, liberal reporters and to gun dealers for distribution to
same. I think they're funny and am trying to make a point. Even Mayor Daley
of Chicago liked them! Judge for yourself. You can see one at

http://www.fotolog.net/palmer_m

In addition to being an aerodynamic and propulsion zero, the clown
is one step beyond reality

So, because I hold to a literal meaning of the 2nd Amendment to our
Constitution, the Supreme law of the land (or so it says), anything I write
about (Lightspeed's Plasma II Ignition system, ACK ELTs, Magneto mystery, Ramp
Checks, etc) carries no weight? To again quote someone from this newsgroup,
"As a matter of fact, prior prejudice makes you nonresponsive on this post."

And lastly, to quote this same someone from this same newsgroup, "I'll be happy
to testify for [Fastglasair] should the matter come to court."

Be careful what you say. "By your own words you will be judged."

Please, any ire directed toward Fastglasair should be directed at me instead.
He is an innocent bystander, shot by someone with a quick trigger finger.

Sad.

Mike Palmer
Excellence in Ergonomics

Old July 16th 03, 08:24 PM
pac plyer

All,

I'm almost sorry now for bringing up "Pack guns in your little
airplanes." Gentlemen, the intent was to save GA by letting the
extreme world know that any attempts to take our flying freedoms away
from us will experience a dubious outcome. Maybe then they'll move on
to explosive camels or something. The intent was NOT to threaten each
other!

Try to remember which side you are on. If you are a gentleman of
Aviation, you are on the side of tolerance of other aviator's
backgrounds, preferences, and beliefs. After all, that's what General
Aviation started as: a fellowship of gentlemen of adventure. Sending
threatening buttons to someone in California who may not be pro-gun
after you've had a disagreement on Usenet is very poor form. Then
justifying it with religious references makes your stability and
credibility very suspect.

I can think of nothing more dangerous in my travels than a Christian
extremist with a firearm. Historically, most of the death,
destruction and wars around the world have been caused by zealots just
like you. The mere fact that you desire to change the entire world
into your vision of utopia makes me distrust you very much. Maybe
your permit to carry should be reviewed.

Jim Wier, on the other hand, has been a selfless, knowledgeable asset
to aviation for years and I learn daily from his posts. It is not
outside the realm of possibility, that if you answered as many posts
as he does, (for free), that you would eventually misidentify someone.
If he, or any other licensed pilot does not desire to carry; that's
what the zealots have to guess about before they attempt to steal his
airplane for an attack in the name of Jesus, Zion, Allah, Manson
Family, whatever.

General Aviation is a brotherhood of peaceful Airmen that can regulate
themselves and their kind without the need of heavy-handed central
government. Keep your inflammatory religious wars out of it.

Is what I saying what a reasonable person would consider prior to
allowing a libel suit?

Pacplyer - over

(MikeremlaP) wrote in message ...
STOP!

Mr. Weir wrote:

Don't worry about fastglasair. [He] is a lying sack of shingles. He
raised holy hell with me about carrying a concealed weapon in
California on an Arizona permit.

The man is one bubble off level.

Mike attacked:

Old July 16th 03, 11:58 PM
anon

Tell me exactly how that button could be construed as threatnening?

(did you even bother to follow the link & look at it?)

om...

Old July 17th 03, 09:22 AM
pac plyer

"anon" sniveled like a coward and wrote:

Tell me exactly how that button could be construed as threatnening?

(did you even bother to follow the link & look at it?)

pac sez:

Yes I did. Did you even bother to read the entire thread, you
anonymous wonder of Usenet? Was it in fact: "threatnening" (sic) as
you slurred?

Jim Weir was upset by it, and I agree that sending a jibe concerning
lethal force in the middle of a disagreement is mean spirited and
intended to intimidate. Now tell me exactly why you post short
unsophisticated tripe such as this that adds nothing to the subject.

pacplyer - out
Old July 17th 03, 01:48 PM
Major Norman Wigginton

I have been reading this thread for a long time as I am hoping to build my
own airplane when I retire in 18 months.

There have been numerous times that I felt compelled to stick my nose, or
opinion, into a thread but I didn't have a dog in the fight. By in large I
have enjoyed the banter and I have learned quite a bit "lurking" as you all
say. This thread however, got to me. I hate to have my first post probably
be my last but "pac plyer" hit the nail on the head.

I have been a police officer for 29 years and I still marvel at the
lengthens people will go to when someone hurts their feelings. It almost
sounds like kids sometimes, "Mommy, he pushed me"!

In Indiana we have a law called intimidation.

IC 35-45-2-1
Intimidation
Sec. 1. (a) A person who communicates a threat to another person, with
the intent:
(1) that the other person engage in conduct against the other
person's will;
(2) that the other person be placed in fear of retaliation for a
prior lawful act; or
(3) of causing:
(A) a dwelling, a building, or another structure; or
(B) a vehicle;
to be evacuated;
commits intimidation, a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) However, the offense is a:
(1) Class D felony if:
(A) the threat is to commit a forcible felony;
(B) the person to whom the threat is communicated:
(i) is a law enforcement officer;
(ii) is a judge or bailiff of any court;
(iii) is a witness (or the spouse or child of a witness) in
any pending criminal proceeding against the person making the threat; or
(iv) is an employee of a school corporation;
(C) the person has a prior unrelated conviction for an offense
under this section concerning the same victim; or
(D) the threat is communicated using property, including
electronic equipment or systems, of a school corporation or other
governmental entity; and
(2) Class C felony if, while committing it, the person draws or uses
a deadly weapon.
(c) "Threat" means an expression, by words or action, of an intention
to:
(1) unlawfully injure the person threatened or another person, or
damage property;
(2) unlawfully subject a person to physical confinement or
restraint;
(3) commit a crime;
(4) unlawfully withhold official action, or cause such withholding;
(5) unlawfully withhold testimony or information with respect to
another person's legal claim or defense, except for a reasonable claim for
witness fees or expenses;
(6) expose the person threatened to hatred, contempt, disgrace, or
ridicule;
(7) falsely harm the credit or business reputation of the person
threatened; or
(8) cause the evacuation of a dwelling, a building, another
structure, or a vehicle.

I have seen conduct less threatening result in a warrant or protective order
issued by the court.

Something else I have learned during my career is that sometimes if you just
leave it alone it will go away. If you respond, read stir it, it just smells
worse. In harassing communications complainants you would be surprised at
the number of people that actually respond to the persons harassing them.
That's exactly what they want and what blows their skirt up. I bet that
sentence set off an alarm or two.

Lastly, I am trying very hard to be a Christian but I fail everyday. One
should lead by example thru their actions, not by words.

Please realize what a great thing we have here in RAH and be considerate of
others and just let some of the petty stuff roll off. Let it go Jim, show
them your class as you did in your apology.

Signed, Old Cop

om...

Old July 17th 03, 04:19 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Major Norman Wigginton" wrote:

Lastly, I am trying very hard to be a Christian but I fail everyday. One
should lead by example thru their actions, not by words.

Signed, Old Cop

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Makes me wonder, Major...

If the police arrest a mime, do they tell
him he has the right to remain silent?

Barnyard BOb -- Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Old July 17th 03, 06:09 PM
Major Norman Wigginton

You know BOb, now that you mention it, as soon as the cuffs went on you
couldn't get anything out of them. I just thought they were career
criminals. They kinda looked like burglars!

I guess I need to make a new account on Outlook. I don't mind my name going
out but the rank needs to be dropped.

Second post and thanks for the grin,

Old Cop

Old July 17th 03, 08:55 PM
Jim Weir

"Major Norman Wigginton"

-I have been reading this thread for a long time as I am hoping to build my
-own airplane when I retire in 18 months.

Good!! Watcha gonna build?

-
-I have been a police officer for 29 years and I still marvel at the
-lengthens people will go to when someone hurts their feelings. It almost
-sounds like kids sometimes, "Mommy, he pushed me"!

And the funny part is, within arms reach are my Ruger Sweet 16, Ruger stainless
Single Six, and my dad's 1913 Winchester.

-Something else I have learned during my career is that sometimes if you just
-leave it alone it will go away.

That's the intent. I've got too much to do getting ready for Oshkosh next week
to carry this little teapot tempest on.

-
-Lastly, I am trying very hard to be a Christian but I fail everyday. One
-should lead by example thru their actions, not by words.

Amen, brother.

-
-Please realize what a great thing we have here in RAH and be considerate of
-others and just let some of the petty stuff roll off. Let it go Jim, show
-them your class as you did in your apology.

Class? Hell, you got at least three LETTERS of it right {;-)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com