Vapor lock question????

Old April 5th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wise purchaser

Default Vapor lock question????

Have a cessna 150 with 150 HP conversion. I burn regular mogas for
the most part. My bird can tanker up to 60 gallons so I have very
long range capability.

The plane runs fine on the mogas not to mention the SAVINGS! Avgas
here is running as much as 5 bucks a gallon! car gas runs about $
2.45 gal

Since the airplane is gravity feed ( the engine has a engine driven
fuel pump) could I have a problem with vapor lock?? What would be
the indications of the lock? at what point could i expect vapor
lock?? start up? takeoff!!! ???

Thanks!!

By the way the 150/150 is AWSOME it kicks ass and takes names on
takeoff and cruise

with the long range can stay in the air almost 10 hours sipping the
MOGAS with regular cessna 150 100 HP cruise power ( 95 KTS ) or
6 hrs with pushing the power up till 120 KTS
9.5 gal hr

I Have the E/ I electronic flow meter coupled with the KLN 90 GPS and
I can set the fuel flow right on the nut!!!

Old April 5th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I have vapor lock after stopping for a short period, i.e. getting fuel
and then starting back up on a hot day.

I notice the fuel pressure is usually low or half what it should be and
the engine wants to sputter sometimes.

I hit the back up electric boost pump and that takes care of it.

HTH

Vapor lock question???? wise purchaser Home Built 11 April 6th 07 06:05 AM
Linden Accident - Question about "Droop Lock" Bob Chilcoat Rotorcraft 6 October 6th 05 11:11 AM
Cherry Lock Rich Home Built 0 March 20th 05 11:33 PM
Vapor Lock Dale General Aviation 3 August 8th 04 03:50 PM
Ubisoft Lock On. Pilot Pete Simulators 3 January 26th 04 03:54 AM