Aviation insurance that has online payment?

Old July 24th 03, 05:03 PM
Ron Natalie

Default Aviation insurance that has online payment?

"Pete" wrote in message ...

But when it comes to aviation insurance, the companies I've found are
stuck in the 1960s, and it's ****ING ME OFF!

I paid mine with a credit card # over the phone.

Just about everybody else who wants a check gets one issued via the
online bill pay feature of my bank. Oddly enough, the only people I've
ever had problems with this is the local gas company. All the fixed
stuff (mortgage, cable, cellular, etc...) is even on automatic pay.

Old July 25th 03, 04:52 AM
The Customer Suffers

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:44:07 -0700, Pete wrote:

OK, I admit it, I'm a geek. I pay all my bills online, order most
things I use online.

But when it comes to aviation insurance, the companies I've found are
stuck in the 1960s, and it's ****ING ME OFF!

Is there any insurance agency that at least has a freakin PayPal
account so I can pay online? I admit it, I'm a bit of a dork when it
comes to procrastinating writing checks. Now I've got a hassle again.

Anybody know anyplace that offers online payment?...Pete

Old July 25th 03, 02:21 PM
Peter R.

The Customer Suffers ) wrote:

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

PayPal is now part of eBay. I am confident that eBay mgmt cleaned up any
of the once-questionable tactics.

--
Peter

Old July 25th 03, 05:29 PM
Ron Natalie

"Peter R." wrote in message ds.com...
The Customer Suffers ) wrote:

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

PayPal is now part of eBay. I am confident that eBay mgmt cleaned up any
of the once-questionable tactics.

You're kidding? eBay will introduce more questionable tacticts of their own.
They can't even abide by their own procedures (sort of reminds me of the FAA).

Old July 25th 03, 11:44 PM
John Galban

"John Gaquin" wrote in message .. .
"The Customer Suffers" wrote in message

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

I've used PayPal for several online business, both paying and receiving,
with nary a problem.

As long as you realize that Paypal effectively removes the normal
protections you'd have when paying the seller directly by credit card,
you're OK. The main complaint I've heard about Paypal is from folks
who did not get what they paid for. They assumed since they used a
credit card with Paypal, they can still dispute the charge. The
credit card company will only deal with it if you have a dispute
directly with Paypal. They consider the actual seller a third party
and have no contract with them. Paypal's response to a dispute is
usually "work it out with the seller".

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old July 27th 03, 10:11 AM
Addison Laurent

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:21:00 -0400, Peter R. wrote:

The Customer Suffers ) wrote:

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

PayPal is now part of eBay. I am confident that eBay mgmt cleaned up
any of the once-questionable tactics.

I've got a bridge to sell you. Wonderful location, in the heart of a
major US city - great earning potential...

(Note that all the complaints against PP are unchanged, there is still no
easily-found contact information, and past complaints are still ignored).

I certainly wouldn't be betting the security of my banking information on
it.

Addison
Old July 27th 03, 05:56 PM
Video Guy

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"Peter R." wrote in message

ds.com...
The Customer Suffers ) wrote:

If you're a geek, then surely you must have read/heard all those nasty
allegations against Paypal by now

I have and because of that bad press, I won;t go near them.

PayPal is now part of eBay. I am confident that eBay mgmt cleaned up

any
of the once-questionable tactics.

You're kidding? eBay will introduce more questionable tacticts of their

own.
They can't even abide by their own procedures (sort of reminds me of the

FAA).

Realize were getting a little OT, but I need to vent a little.

My experience with eBay and PayPal has been, "as long as everything goes
well, everything is OK". If you have a complaint with a seller you are ON
YOUR OWN! I cancelled my PayPal account when they refused to even TRY
assist me with a fraudulent auction.

Otoh, eBay PRETENTED to be interested but in reality just wasted my time
filling out endless reports. In the end they did NOTHING to assist me. I
provided evidence that the seller completely misrepresented what he was
selling, including copies of an email from him admitting he "misunderstood"
what was required to make a specialty condenser microphone operate. (His
statement is nothing but a lie. He listed as included in the auction, the
manufacture's catalog number of the item he later indicated he didn't
understand was required and didn't even have to sell.)

eBay then closed the file when the seller informed them he "was having
difficulty using their online complaint response system". If a seller WHO
IS OPERATING *DAILY* on eBay can avoid claims against him with such a
ridiculous excuse, then it seems obvious that eBay is not willing to clean
out fraudulent sellers. They don't want to offend the "paying crowd".

Fortunately, I only lost a little over $100. It hurt, but the only change
it made in my life was to make me a lot more cautious about financial
transactions without real and honest buyer protections. This by definition
must then eliminate PayPal from consideration. I also now know that all the
bullsh*t about the "protections" supposedly provided by eBay are just
that...

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little bit better.

GWK