Wireless internet in North 40?

Old July 27th 03, 06:44 PM
Martin Hotze

Default Wireless internet in North 40?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:34:43 GMT, Peter Gottlieb wrote:

I know it's a lot to ask, but, anyone setting this up?

Just check Jay's N-number, put it reverse and you then have the SSID. In
any case, at Jay's campsite you get 24/7 support and you can even rent a
wireless card. He will have a 360 degree antenna with 10dbi mounted on top
of his Piper. And when logged on long enough you will get a splash screen
on your favourite browser with a coupon good for a 10% rebate at his hotel.

*hihi*

oh well ... no, _I_ have no idea about wireless access there. and for those
who haven't got the joke: no, there is no rebate. Well, there might be one
AFAIK by telling his N-number at check-in. But this is in IOW and not in
OSH.

:-)

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

24 "Deceptions" In 704 words: Bush's 2003 SOTU
http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor...7/22_sotu.html
Old July 28th 03, 03:32 AM
Big John

Peter

My daughter (and husband) just returned to Seattle from FL They 'drug'
a trailer down and back to live in so they could work on their ocean
going sail boat in FL. Robert also wanted to get back for Arlington
where he was involved.

My daughter set her cell phone up so that each evening when the free
minutes kicked in she could connect long distance to her ISP in
Seattle and connect to her laptop. Connected to her ISP she could send
and receive e-mail (or surf the Internet). Worked great. Got a report
almost every night (unless they were out of range of a cell tower).

Doubt if you have time this year to set up but you could plan ahead
for next year and 'have your cake and eat it too' G Airplanes all
day and Email, News Groups and Internet all night.

Big John

Old July 28th 03, 06:26 AM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
.net...
I know it's a lot to ask, but, anyone setting this up?

My new building has full wireless internet throughout, including on the roof
deck and the pool. All you need is a wireless card and you're all set.

It works like a charm, too.

Thomas J. Paladino
New York City

Old July 28th 03, 02:19 PM
Kyler Laird

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." writes:

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
v.net...
I know it's a lot to ask, but, anyone setting this up?

My new building has full wireless internet throughout, including on the roof
deck and the pool. All you need is a wireless card and you're all set.

You've got a pool with line-of-sight to Airventure?! When does the
beer start flowing?

--kyler