Robinson mechanics group?

Old February 8th 04, 04:52 AM
Gyroplanes

Default Robinson mechanics group?

Anyone know of a newsgroup for Robinson mechanics?
Is there enough interest to start one?
Tom
Old February 9th 04, 07:11 PM
Eric D

Anyone know of a newsgroup for Robinson mechanics?
Is there enough interest to start one?
Tom

Tom,

I can't speak for everyone else, but I see no reason why this news
group can't be used for rotorcraft related maintenance issues. What
might be the benefit of starting a separate area?

I think you will find that most mechanics work on more then just
Robinson. Having a general area like this news groups might give some
insight to some issue on a other makes and models too.

Eric D
Old February 10th 04, 02:13 AM
Gyroplanes

Eric,
I see your point in wanting to share information. That's why a inquired about a
newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
maintenance traffic.
Tom
Old February 10th 04, 06:21 PM
Sla#s

"Gyroplanes" wrote in message
Eric,
I see your point in wanting to share information. That's why a inquired

about a
newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
maintenance traffic.

I'm a mechanic in the UK Licensed on 355 350 206 315 & 47.
Yes, I have often thought that the Usenet could do with a mechanics forum
but even with the enormous increase in size of the internet in general I
still think there are to few mechanics to make a separate group viable.

Phil Slattery

Old February 10th 04, 08:05 PM
Eric D

newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
maintenance traffic.

Well, let's see if we can change some of that if the group wants too.
Anyone here a PAMA member? For those that don't know what this is, it
stands for Professional Aviation Maintenance Association pama.org I
have not joined. I was at the Great Lakes Aviation Conference this
last weekend in Lansing, Michigan. Anyone else there from this news
group? I attend this for FAA approved classes that can be used to
renew my inspection authorization. According to the PAMA rep, you're
A&P is worth 67 credits if you wish to obtain a college degree. I am
looking into this. I've been an A&P over 31 years. I am tired of the
excuses that I can't get a promotion without a degree.

Eric D
Old February 11th 04, 06:18 AM
helicopterandy

If you want good mechanical insight there are several A&P and IA's at
the Yahoo group entitled:
robinsonr22helicopters
The above is the exact spelling. Just go to yahoo and then "groups"
then search for it.
Very good forum. Not all the experimental/hybrid/never-get-off-ground
junk like here.
Also, try PPrune.org
Another excellent heli site.

Good luck!