What an annual....

Old February 15th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default What an annual....

A 250% increase in the tax is substantial. The increase per gallon
would be around 15% - also significant.

I suppose you have the means to not worry about these increases and
that's a good thing but many pilots don't. Those kind of costs will
definitely put a damper on how many hours pilots can fly. Would taxes
at those levels also impact autofuel users?

Dave

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Read it again. That's 70 cents per gallon TOTAL, not additional.

Sec 901. Modifications to Tax on Aviation Fuel. Subsection (a)(1) sets the
tax rate for aviation gasoline to be 70.0 cents per gallon starting on the
transition date.

What is is now, about 20 cents? So yeah, it will be more expensive than
it has been. What isn't?

Old February 15th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

You can't take it with you.
Old February 16th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Paul Tomblin wrote:

There is certainly nothing in there about this "$30 per weather briefing
and $50 per ILS" bull****. On the contrary, it says

Sec. 201. Fees.
"General avaition aircraft will continue to pay a fuel tax and will
not be subject ot a fee for services, except if the operation is
through terminal airpace for a large hub airport, in which case the
operation may be subject to the fee established for services provided
in such airspace."

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...l_Analysis.pdf

Not yet anyway. Of course those of us who fly in the Northeast or I
suppose southern California are going to get nailed with the "except if
the operation is through terminal airpace for a large hub airport, in
which case the operation may be subject to the fee established for
services provided in such airspace." just about any time we fly. I hate
to think what this will do to organizations like Angelflight. Some 90%
of the Angelflights I've flown have been into or out of Boston Logan.
Old February 16th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

kontiki wrote:

You can't take it with you.

No, but you also can't spend what you don't have. If I set aside say
$500 per quarter for flying, a 15% increase in the price of fuel means I
do %15 percent less flying, whether it be for Angelflight, training,
business or pleasure. Most people I know that fly already sacrifice in
other areas of their life in order to afford to fly: No vacation homes
or boats, driving older vehicles, smaller house than their peers etc.
Old February 16th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

On 2/15/2007 7:57:12 PM, Ray Andraka wrote:

Some 90%
of the Angelflights I've flown have been into or out of Boston Logan.

I would sincerely hope that if a user fee model is put in place that Angel
Flights would be exempt. I, too, do the majority of my AF flights into and
out of Logan.

--
Peter
Old February 16th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Peter R. wrote:

On 2/15/2007 7:57:12 PM, Ray Andraka wrote:

Some 90%
of the Angelflights I've flown have been into or out of Boston Logan.

I would sincerely hope that if a user fee model is put in place that Angel
Flights would be exempt. I, too, do the majority of my AF flights into and
out of Logan.

If they are exempt, I bet it will be a rebate that you need to do a
bunch of paperwork to recover, not a waiver of the fee in the first place.
Old February 16th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Allen wrote:

What kind of airplane that the props are 15 grand each?

Seneca III, three blade props 15k CDN. (with boots) labour and shipping,
extra.

Old February 16th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

You can't take it with you.

No, but you also can't spend what you don't have. If I set aside say
$500 per quarter for flying, a 15% increase in the price of fuel means I
do %15 percent less flying, whether it be for Angelflight, training,
business or pleasure. Most people I know that fly already sacrifice in
other areas of their life in order to afford to fly: No vacation homes
or boats, driving older vehicles, smaller house than their peers etc.

Amen, brother.

If this lunacy comes to pass, GA -- which is already staggering like a
drunk old man in huge parts of America -- is doomed. Our only hope
is that AOPA can stop it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

On Feb 15, 2:51 pm, The Visitor
wrote:
this has got to be it. Both props off for overhaul, it's time, now I am
looking at two new props with deice boots, 15k times two. can get some
new blades and use the old hubs but I am thinking it's best just to be
rid of them. I thought this annual would hurt when I got three new gear
actuators rather than overhauled. Last year it was a new, rather than
repaired, engine mount.

What a hobby!

The annual two years ago came up to 1/3 the purchase price of the
plane because I chose to make a bunch of recurring AD's go away...
This annual will include a new set of teflon hoses for the right
engine...
Next year will be new hydraulic hoses and some gear bushings...
The year after that we will begin looking for new engines which will
exceed the value of the airplane...
Fun, eh wot!

denny

Old February 18th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

My nose gear had to come off because some line guy turned it to far
with the tug.
.stuff snipped.

Who paid for the damage?

Thanks,
Mike

Annual Denny Owning 9 February 5th 07 10:24 PM
Pre-buy after Annual Douglas Olson Owning 13 May 24th 05 01:14 AM
First Annual Fun - Day 2 Jon Kraus Owning 39 April 27th 05 02:20 PM
First Annual Fun - Day 1 Jon Kraus Owning 4 April 19th 05 08:18 PM
In for Annual Jim Weir Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:06 PM