Need advice on Aeroquip fittings

Old December 10th 03, 08:19 PM
Corky Scott

Default Need advice on Aeroquip fittings

I'm trying to morph a 3/4" outside diameter tube to an aeroquip
fitting so I can run 3/4 inside diameter aeroquip hose to an oil tank.
Here's the thing, this fitting will be welded to a 3/4" diameter tube
so it needs to be steel.

In addition, I'd like to find a flat steel fitting, a bung, that I can
welded to a section of flat sheet steel that has an internal diameter
of 1".

The 3/4" inside diameter will be the suction side while the 1"
internal diameter hose will be the gravity feed to the tank.

I think I'm talking about standard 37 degree flare fittings but I'm
open to all suggestions.

It's entirely possible that no such aeroquip fitting that would slip
on to a 3/4" outside diameter tube exists. I'm prepared to use
something that is close, and machine it so that it fits the tube, then
weld it.

The one inch internal diameter bung and hose is necessary because it
must allow the oil to drain via gravity back to the external tank.
Anything smaller might reduce flow too much.

I'm thinking I might be able to find a standard pipe fitting at the
local plumbing supply made from steel that I could use, but then I'd
need to find an adapter that would thread on to the pipe threads and
the 37 degree flare at the other end so that I can attach the aeroquip
hose.

Thanks to those who can help.

Corky Scott

Old December 11th 03, 02:47 PM
Jerry Wass

Try an industrial hydraulic equipmemt store ---their stuff is usually 37
deg. steel
JIC fittings. (Joint Industrial Congress)---also a large construction
equipment dealer sould have a few stock parts--at a higher price
usually--Sounds like you need a

Old December 12th 03, 12:46 AM
Blueskies

Browse the catalog he