The Idiot without the NOTAM

Old August 2nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_2_]

Default The Idiot without the NOTAM

However, a friendly message could be sent to the owner saying that at this
time and place someone in his plane really acted like a jerk (and send the
link). He could make his own conclusions. Otherwise, as oblivious as he was,
how will he ever know?

Another smaller example- I was invited to a meeting at the American Club in
Kohler, WI, which is a pretty posh place. To enter the front of the hotel
there is a circle off of the main road- in at one end and out at the other,
and very well marked. As we tried to exit, the whole traffic line was
blocked by a guy going in the exit, against all traffic and with the do not
enter sign in clear sight.

This typifies the same behavior as the guy who flew into OSH without
bothering to read the notams- they simply don't care about other people,
common courtesy, or safety. They just do what happens to be convenient for
them at the moment, but don't want to take responsibility for their own
actions if something goes wrong.

My impression of these oblivious and self centered idiots is that they
really don't care what other people think- the rules simply don't apply to
them.

Old August 2nd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

City MOON TOWNSHIP
State PENNSYLVANIA
Zip Code 15108-1379
County ALLEGHENY

Registered Office Address: ROUTE 30 & STAR ROUTE 981 LATROBE PA 15650-0

This is next to the Latrobe airport

But Moon Township, Allegheny County, is the location of Greater
Pittsburgh Airport.

vince norris
Old August 2nd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Jesus H Tap-Dancing CHRIST On a Bicycle!! How can someone be such an
idiot, and how can the controllers be so accomodating??

I'm especially ****ed because I was busted on a VIP TFR violation a
few months ago, as I've posted here before. NO safety hazard
whatsover to anybody, unless you count the airport manager running
around huffin' n' puffin' trying to find the culprit after a call from
ATC. So let's see, what do I get? An automatic 30 day suspension, no
reprieve, PLUS a probable ADDITIIONAL 15 days for not getting a
pre-flight briefing.

THIS f***ing idiot hasn't checked JACK-**** about anything, and he
gets the red-carpet treatment from the controllers as a big favor.

@#$!# the FAA.
Old August 2nd 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"js" == jsstevens writes:

js I realize I'm new to all this, ~75 hours, new plastic card and
js all, but I cannot imagine starting even a short cross country
js without looking up all this information and writing it on my
js flight planning log.

You will, at some point.

js my reaction to all this is if I ever get to OSH,
js I'll drive. My main remaining fear in flying is mid air
js collision and this seems like a prime recipie for that.

Nahhh...get another 100-200 hours, and 50-75 hours in the past
year, and you'll be good. Or fly it the first time with a more
experienced hand in the right seat.
Old August 2nd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

ATC did us all a favor getting this guy out of the airspace and onto the
ground as quickly as possible.

They could always delay him in the taxi route.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old August 2nd 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..

They could always delay him in the taxi route.

Not without delaying everyone behind him.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

They could always delay him in the taxi route.

Not without delaying everyone behind him.

They could park him in the wrong spot.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old August 2nd 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..

They could park him in the wrong spot.

They don't handle parking.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

They could park him in the wrong spot.

They don't handle parking.

They could talk to those who do.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.