Air Force One - arrive1.jpg (1/1)

Old November 22nd 06, 10:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default Air Force One - arrive1.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arrive1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	909
Old November 22nd 06, 10:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

I was born in August '64; which means that I was conceived in the month
Mr Kennedy was murdered. I only found that out a couple of years ago.
I'm not one for omens, but considering my love of all-things-space, it's
quite a coincidence. Mr Kennedy was responsible for starting the Apollo
program and was also something of a 'space junkie'.

What a sad end to a most fascinating life. May Mr Kennedy rest in peace
for all eternity.

I was in 8th grade at the time, and remember
the school loudspeakers announcing the event and
the commotion and confusion.

I have a lot more images of what happened,
these are the only ones aviation related.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JD Cooper

My buddies and I were at the airport when the motorcade came by. We saw
the Prez and wife and everyone else. We jumped in my car and zoomed
downtown and hurried to the corner of Houston and Main where we saw them
again. We left the scene right then and were completley unaware of the
event that would happen less than two minutes later. As a matter of
fact, we wern't even listening to the radio but learned of the shooting
while we were at Kenray Ford looking at a car. (This must have been a
half hour or mare later) A salesman told us.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

I was born in August '64; which means that I was conceived in the month
Mr Kennedy was murdered. I only found that out a couple of years ago.
I'm not one for omens, but considering my love of all-things-space, it's
quite a coincidence. Mr Kennedy was responsible for starting the Apollo
program and was also something of a 'space junkie'.

Being a teenager in 60's almost required a fixation
on the space program. We could name all the astronauts,
watched every liftoff and splashdown and watched the sky
at sunset and dawn for satellites going overhead. A great
distraction from the otherwise bad news of the day, race
riots, Vietnam, the Cold War, et al.

Old November 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim C

I was a brand new college freshman at Ohio U. We walked into our government
(no kidding) class, when the prof came in a few minutes later crying and
told us what had just happened and that he saw no reason to continue, turned
and walked out. We just sat there stunned, with our first lesson in "the
real world" government. Four years later it was graduation, US Navy and
Viet Nam. Lessons continued.
Jim

Old November 22nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

I was born in August '64; which means that I was conceived in the month Mr
Kennedy was murdered. I only found that out a couple of years ago. I'm not
one for omens, but considering my love of all-things-space, it's quite a
coincidence. Mr Kennedy was responsible for starting the Apollo program and
was also something of a 'space junkie'.

What a sad end to a most fascinating life. May Mr Kennedy rest in peace for
all eternity.

--
Alan Erskine

Alan, I am one month older than you but for your love of things space
;-) My mum was born on the day the UFO crashed at Roswell.

Maybe I am Alien ;-)

--
Upload/view images at
www.warbirdz.net
Old November 23rd 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Old Bloke

I was old enough to have learned to respect Kennedy when he was shot. I was
very devastated by the news, and I can still remember our neighbour telling
me over the back fence.

He was one of the world's greats, IMHO.

Doug

Old November 25th 06, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Brian O'Neill

Default Air Force One - arrive1.jpg

I was in 8th grade at the time, and remember
the school loudspeakers announcing the event and
the commotion and confusion.

I have a lot more images of what happened,
these are the only ones aviation related.

I was in 9th grade, in a Catholic high school run by the Christian brothers
in Alexandria, LA, when we got the news. I remember like yesterday the
first announcement that came in over the ancient wooden classroom PA
speaker, that the President was shot. To say that we were stunned was an
understatement. It was unbelievable. If I remember correctly, thr brother
teaching our class said we should pray in silence for the President. I know
even the agnostics among us did. Kennedy was the very first Catholic
President, and we all felt a special bond with him because of this.

It didn't seem long after the first announcement that the terrible, terrible
news that Kennedy was shot dead came over the PA. They closed the school,
and since it was too early for the busses, I decided to walk on my own the
five miles back to England AFB, where I lived with my family in Base
Housing.

Truly, the world of post-WWII American optimism and confidence came to a
shattering end with that news. I can't remember a blacker national
Thanksgiving than the four days that followed. The only thing like it in my
lifetime was 9/11.

Brian O'Neill
Old November 25th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
KENG

Brian O'Neill wrote:
[...]

Brian,
You went to Menard? Cool. Those were the days when it was boys only. The
girls went to Prompt Succor. By the time I went there it was Co-Ed.

When JFK was shot, I was in Monroe, in a 5th grade classroom of a
Catholic Elementery school. West Wing, Room 3, Row 1, Seat 3. Not that
it made a big impression on me or anything.

KENG