SSA Convention Info

Old December 8th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

Default SSA Convention Info

Does anyone know where I can find more information on the SSA convention?
At a minimum, a schedule would be helpful so that I can figure out my travel
arrangements.

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

Old December 8th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

On Dec 8, 4:38�pm, "Mike Schumann"
wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find more information on the SSA convention?
At a minimum, a schedule would be helpful so that I can figure out my travel
arrangements.

The 2008 SSA Convention will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA at
the Albuquerque Convention Center.

See your December "Soaring" magazine, pages 14, 15, 16 for a listing
of speakers and seminars. Should we assume by your question that you
are not an SSA member so you don't receive "Soaring"? No problem,
because you are very welcome to participate and join us at the
convention. It is always fun, informative, and a chance to meet
soaring people face to face. Don't miss this one - it will be last
full-sized convention until 2010.

2008 Schedule:

FEB 12 + 13 (Tue-Wed) Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF) Flight
Instructor Refresher Clinic (FIRC) for CFIG's to renew their FAA
certificates, and CFIG wannabes. Registration required.

FEB 13 (Wed) Set up day / Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF) Seminar at
6 PM. A seminar on flight computer software is usually presented on
Wednesday afternoon.

FEB 14 + 15 + 16 (Thu-Fri-Sat) All-day Seminars & Vendor Displays
in the convention center. (Also see "Soaring" Magazine for a list of
the breakfasts, luncheons and evening events.)

FEB 16 (Sat) SSA Annual Awards Banquet. Meet the legends of
soaring.

There you go! The exact speaker schedule changes a bit right up to
the last minute, so come for the four days and make some new soaring
friends! Believe it or not, it is better than the internet!

Stop by my display booth in the convention hall, or any vendor booth
for that matter, and we will make you feel welcome.

Burt
Marfa Soaring, west Texas
USA

Old December 9th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Dec 8, 5:39 pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
On Dec 8, 4:38�pm, "Mike Schumann"
wrote: Does anyone know where I can find more information on the SSA convention?
[...]

There will also be some Club Track sessions, Friday and Saturday
afternoons.

Frank Whiteley
Old December 9th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

It is very frustrating that this info isn't posted on the SSA web site, so
people like me who don't keep their Soaring magazines (or non SSA members)
can see what is going on.

Thanks,
Mike Schumann

Old December 9th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Burt,

I'll be sure an look at the information in the December isue of Soaring
when, or if, it ever arrives. (Like October's mailing, my December issue is
missing.)

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old December 9th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

On Dec 9, 10:32�am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Burt,

I'll be sure an look at the information in the December isue of Soaring
when, or if, it ever arrives. �(Like October's mailing, my December issue is
missing.)

Dang. Then look at the November issue of "Soaring", pages 8, 9, 10.
Old December 9th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 9, 11:32 am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Burt,

I'll be sure an look at the information in the December isue of Soaring
when, or if, it ever arrives. (Like October's mailing, my December issue is
missing.)

Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Same here, I have yet to receive an issue on time and I've been a
member for 5 years. It's kind of a running joke in my club. I know,
a great bunch of dedicated people doing their best......Once, just
once I'd like an issue to arrive within a few weeks of on time.
Doug